Hello from SOMERSET UK!!

LouisD

Hello everyone!

its nice to FINALLY pull my finger out and start posting. silly as it sounds I'm shy and always avoided getting involved in the forum discussions. I do want to say thank you to EVERYONE on this forum as the information on here made my first two builds EASY.

Im 31. I live the west country of the UK, somerset, near Frome. I just moved out here from London for a better more spiritual life with my girlfriend.

It would be nice to here from other multirotor owners like me in my area. or FPVers in my area.

Cheers everyone.

Loo.

LouisD

wanted to say also,...

I have been into RC for a few years now. flying foamies. building foamies, cars etc. I thought i wanted to get into FPVing heavily and i bought a **** load of FPV stuff which i have never used (now selling all my fpv gear). Im too busy and all my spare time goes into multi rotors. I'm concentrating on multi-rotors as im a film maker and this is an awesome new way for amateurs to create expensive looking film. I have 2 droidworx frames AD6HL and AD4HL. both with av130's (which I regret now) both using wookong-m. both bought and kitted out from Geoff at quadcopters. He is a great guy and I would advise shopping there. He knows his stuff. ive owned them both for over a year but have been so busy i have just got down to finishing them. everything went sweet. they both fly beautifully. Again, this site made that go smoothly.

Cheshirecat

Hello Loo.
Wouldn't it be great if we all had more time to do the things we wanted to do,alas life keeps getting in the way, lovely part of the world you are in, if the weather ever settles down you should get some very nice film footage down there.
What type of film work are you interested in?

LouisD

indeed if we had more time..... (sigh)

yeah this area is beautiful, Its home now. ill never go back to the city to live. As for film work there is not much i dont do. Ive been into short movies.... written treatments for feature films... Im a very good editor (my expertise) .. quite proficient in after effects. I have a motion graphics background, 2d-3d design... Done some sound production..... I just finished a music video blah blah blah

Cheers!

but I am a one man band. I only trust my own work. detrimental really I need to expand.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Hi mate! Welcome. Me and the wife have just quit our London jobs and are looking to move to an isolated area. Got till October. We also want the quieter life. We're looking anywhere in Britain as we don't have to be tied to a certain place.

Good luck with things!

LouisD

Hi Ben kenobi!

I see your in N London, I moved out here to Somerset from Harrow NW London 3 years ago and Its the best thing we have ever done. We have moved twice locally since moving here to find somewhere we loved and we settled in an lovely village called Rode. SOO different from London. I would definitely advice Somerset. have a look at places like bradford on avon, around Bath, glastonbury, and surrounding areas . Amazing for multirotors and RC in general. I have a secret abandoned quarry near me which is a couple square miles of RC playground heaven.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
We could move anywhere and you're area is certainly on the list! Taking a year off to focus on flying so wide open spaces is a must.

Cheers!