Hello from NC

FastCat Studio

chaos watcher
Hi, I started learning about MRs doing research for my radio show and an article that I wrote for a photography magazine. This got me interested in the possibility of using one in my business which due to the current situation with the FAA , doesn't seem likely, however I did go ahead and order a little Syma X5C to learn how to fly. I'm looking forward to it getting here, the shipping eta is 1/12. :) Hopefully I won't crash it too many times!

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Learning to fly well will give you a lot more freedom to focus on the media aspects of the helicopter once you get that part of it going. It will also improve your odds of surviving a component failure if you can actually switch off automation and hand fly the heli back to the ground.

So you're off to a better start than you realized! Welcome to multirotorforums.com!
Bart

Rocky

Welcome, I'm new here too. I had an X5C until I lost it in the woods last week. It is a good flying craft and a good way to learn how to fly. The reason why I lost it is because the range isn't the greatest. There are mods posted online on extending the range, you may want to look into it.

FastCat Studio

chaos watcher
Thanks for the welcome! I am looking forward to getting my little X5C; kinda wishing I had spent the extra for rush shipping so it would be here sooner :)

FastCat Studio

chaos watcher
turns out I didn't need to pay to have my little X5C sent faster; it showed up on my doorstep today! And of course it is pouring down rain :)
I played with it a little bit in my camera room, I have a lot to learn!