Hello From Melbourne - Any Quad / Multi fliers about

Hi all

Started out with my first quad about 2 months ago. Since ive flown planes and also a stint in heli's, havent even crashed it once

Any way, looking for locals to fly with.

I run a dji f450 with naza, gps and a cheap hobbyking camera for the moment. will upgrade to go-pro

Also, a set of floats to take off and land from the water

any way, looking for some blokes to go flying with. Looking to get into fpv at some stage also

DarkStar

Hi 3d,

Andrew from Melbourne here. Also recently got into multis and have a Xaircraft hexa frame running a Hobby King KK2 control board, soon to be upgraded with fpv.

I like the idea of floats - where do you fly over water?

Anyway cheers and welcome to forums.

Andrew

Hi 3d,

Andrew from Melbourne here. Also recently got into multis and have a Xaircraft hexa frame running a Hobby King KK2 control board, soon to be upgraded with fpv.

I like the idea of floats - where do you fly over water?

Anyway cheers and welcome to forums.

Andrew

Hi Andrew

Looking to get into FPV also. Im just not sure what to buy. Want to get about 2kms range however wouldnt know how powerful a tx and rx are. Im looking at 5.8 gig for the moment. Do you know much about fpv? do i need 800 mw or 200 mw ect ?

I live in Wyndham vale. We have the bay and werribee river 10 mins away. I also like to do touch and goes in the pool

Tried the pool noodles and they do work however they vibrate a bit making the naza a little less stable

Looking at a workaround at the moment. There is a waterproof quadcopter available from aquacopters however i dont think that the GPS unit can be installed inside the aquacopter its self. So, if i install the naza gps up top, and i flip it over water, it could kill my naza gps module

Where abouts are you? What area?

DarkStar

Sounds like a lot of fun! I'm not sure about 5.8Gig range - I have been looking into the 900Mhz FPV systems and anything between 500mw and 2W power, although I do think there are some restrictions around the use of these frequencies in Australia with anything more than a very low power tx. I guess the main thing is to keep the radio tx/rx frequency (2.4Ghz I presume) away from it to reduce the interference. I'm sure there are people around the forums with a lot more knowledge than I on this subject though.

I live in just north of the city, but I have a mate out in Wyndham Vale who has a little quad setup - we'll have to catch up for a fly one day. Anyway keep us updated on your FPV!

Cheers - Andrew

Sounds like a lot of fun! I'm not sure about 5.8Gig range - I have been looking into the 900Mhz FPV systems and anything between 500mw and 2W power, although I do think there are some restrictions around the use of these frequencies in Australia with anything more than a very low power tx. I guess the main thing is to keep the radio tx/rx frequency (2.4Ghz I presume) away from it to reduce the interference. I'm sure there are people around the forums with a lot more knowledge than I on this subject though.

I live in just north of the city, but I have a mate out in Wyndham Vale who has a little quad setup - we'll have to catch up for a fly one day. Anyway keep us updated on your FPV!

Cheers - Andrew

Hi Andrew

Im really not sure which way to go. I was under the impression that a 900mhz system would interfear with a 2.4gig radio. Since i am using the spektrum dx7 at the moment, it would be an easier option as the range on the spektrum i believe would be around 1.5 kms

Believe it or not, i actually live in wyndhamvale. I do alot of flying around presidents park and the werribee river

Would love to arrange a fly. Let me know and ill work with you

brind0g

I have just started building my own Quad and live in Sunbury (work in the city) So I too am keen to meet up with other multirotor junkies and talk business

Boys

Lets try and organise a fly or something fairly central to everyone?

Let me know thoughts on a field and we can get into it

As stated, i live in wyndhamvale however prepared to travel\

If wyndhamvale is an option, i have a great flying spot in mind

drsf

Howdy,

Just thought I'd +1 as a Melbourne local. From Tarneit area originally but currently residing in Brunswick.
Currently focusing on some FPV systems but I doubt I'll have anything interesting to show for a few months....

-Dan

If everyone is still looking to catch up for a fly -

Please inbox me your email or i can inbox you mine

We can arrange a meet and fly fairly local to everyone.

Not knowing anyone with another multi- it doesnt matter what you fly, it matters you turn up

lets start building the sport

anaka

Hi Melbourne people!
I have a question for you, I come from another country and would like to know if it is easy to fly multirotors in Melbourne or not
What abouth the law? is it forbidden to fly in the central park? will I need a special permission?
anything you wanna tell me will be apreciated, I need to understand if is the case to move my MR with me or leave it at home

cheers

Augusto

Hi Melbourne people!
I have a question for you, I come from another country and would like to know if it is easy to fly multirotors in Melbourne or not
What abouth the law? is it forbidden to fly in the central park? will I need a special permission?
anything you wanna tell me will be apreciated, I need to understand if is the case to move my MR with me or leave it at home

cheers

Augusto

Plenty of room in most places to fly.. sure you can fly in the park, but if you hit someone they could sue if you cause damage

plenty of places with no one about

no permit required

DarkStar

Hey 3d sorry for the lack of response on my part - have been flat out over the Christmas & New Years period.

Would definitely like to catch up for a fly at some stage. My hex has an issue with one of the motors and I'm waiting on some parts but as soon as it's sorted I'd definitely be up for it.

Cheers and all the best for the new year.

Andrew (apskinner@bigpond.com)