Hello from Maryland!

Ryan Wilson

Hey everyone, my name is Ryan and I'm from Maryland.. I'm new to the RC world for the most part. I use to fly a Gaui Dolphin electric helicopter back around 2004. I really enjoyed flying it and crashing it, not so much. I never knew anyone else to fly with or ask questions except for a hobby shop that was an hour away. After spending lots of money and not really making much money at the time I decided to give it up.
I've always had a passion for copters, I used to go watch them fly when I was a kid at a local field with my father. Within the past year I've really got the itch to fly again and have been eying the multirotors.
I'm also into videography and used to do wedding videos and karate curriculum tapes. My photography interest has really taken off in the past few years and early last year I bought the Canon 6D after loving the canon T2i. So naturally I've been drawn to the multicopters as a way to expand my hobby.
I've been flying the Syma x5c-1 and the Hubsan x4 for a little while now and am in the process of building the DJI F450. I've also been flying a lot on the Phoenix RC simulator to help tune my skills.
So I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself to everyone and give a big heads up I'll be asking lots of questions, of coarse I'll do the research first before asking anything as to not annoy with easily searchable questions. Although I already have a few, I keep looking!
Thanks in advance to everyone for their help and words of encouragement!