Hello from Hawaii

808dave

Hi everyone, wanted to post an intro here, since I've been browsing the forums for a while. My name is Dave and I live on Oahu Hawaii. I fly an XAircraft 650 w/ Naza V2. I have AKE QD1100B motors with 10 x 4.5 (sometimes 4.7) props ran through AKE 12A ESCs. I use a 5800 mAh battery which gives me 10 minutes of flying w/ the camera and almost 15 mins without. I mostly do photography using the GoPro 2 w/ a Goodluckbuy brushless gimbal (Alexmos V3 Board). The gimbal works great out the box, I haven't made any adjustments yet, since i'm having problems getting my mac to recognize the serial bus in Arduino.
I was using Wookong prior to Naza, but started getting IMU faults, so I've sent it in for repair. I had it for about a year and a half. I'm pretty impressed with Naza considering it's less than half the price and almost all the features of WKM. I've got the BTU and OSD for Naza, which I haven't utilized yet, since I'm not running FPV and don't have a device compatible with the BTU yet.
My next project is a FPV setup when time permits. I'm still researching which route I want to take. One question I had for those who are running FPV, is how did it affect your flight times? I'm also planning on swapping my GoPro lens to a RageCam 4mm linear lens. It seems to suit aerial photography better, from what i've seen.
If anyone has questions, comments or criticism on my setup, feel free to give some input It's appreciated good or bad. Thanks and take care.

On a side note, the past week I've been getting notices saying someone is repeatedly trying to log into my account. The IP is a Russian IP address.. Anyone else experiencing this? Anyways, catch you later.

Dave

RobertsUp

Hi Dave! Welcome.

I'm just a hop across the water from where you live.
Our web host Bart recently wrote a message about the site being hacked that way. I would recommend ignore. Btw, can a retiree live in Hawaii on say a $2000 monthly income?

Hi everyone, wanted to post an intro here, since I've been browsing the forums for a while. My name is Dave and I live on Oahu Hawaii. I fly an XAircraft 650 w/ Naza V2. I have AKE QD1100B motors with 10 x 4.5 (sometimes 4.7) props ran through AKE 12A ESCs. I use a 5800 mAh battery which gives me 10 minutes of flying w/ the camera and almost 15 mins without. I mostly do photography using the GoPro 2 w/ a Goodluckbuy brushless gimbal (Alexmos V3 Board). The gimbal works great out the box, I haven't made any adjustments yet, since i'm having problems getting my mac to recognize the serial bus in Arduino.
I was using Wookong prior to Naza, but started getting IMU faults, so I've sent it in for repair. I had it for about a year and a half. I'm pretty impressed with Naza considering it's less than half the price and almost all the features of WKM. I've got the BTU and OSD for Naza, which I haven't utilized yet, since I'm not running FPV and don't have a device compatible with the BTU yet.
My next project is a FPV setup when time permits. I'm still researching which route I want to take. One question I had for those who are running FPV, is how did it affect your flight times? I'm also planning on swapping my GoPro lens to a RageCam 4mm linear lens. It seems to suit aerial photography better, from what i've seen.
If anyone has questions, comments or criticism on my setup, feel free to give some input It's appreciated good or bad. Thanks and take care.

On a side note, the past week I've been getting notices saying someone is repeatedly trying to log into my account. The IP is a Russian IP address.. Anyone else experiencing this? Anyways, catch you later.

Dave

808dave

Hi Robert, You could manage on $2000 a month, but you would have to live very frugal. The biggest hit here is the housing. If you have a family and need your own place, expect to pay at least $1200/month. If its just you, you could find an add-on studio at someones home for $700-1000, but it will be small.

Dave

Hey Dave, welcome. Glad to see a fellow island-guy, even if you're located in a different ocean. Hope to see some killer footage from Hawaii.
About the hack, I think Bartman, one of the moderators, posted a note to watch out. Apparently you're not the only one. Im going to check for the post. Best!

legmkr

I was on Oahu last week with a Vulcan octo 1200 and setting up a hexa 980. also had my Vulcan 900 getting good film of the north shore then lost power and crashed in the ocean. found it but need new electronics. I will be back in dec. the 18- jan 3. will be flying again on the north shore. maybe we can hook up and do some flying. waves should be good by then. ted

gtranquilla

RadioActive
You can adjust you account so that the items you fly appear in your signature at the end of your posting every time..... makes it easier for others to grasp your main posting points etc.

If you work with eCalc for Multicopters, all you have to do is adjust the AUW, i.e., All Up Weight in your calculations to account for the extra weight which, ofcourse, reduces your flight time slightly..... or for a rough guess, on average, every 100 grams extra weight knocks 2 minutes off your total flight time. BTW - were the IMU faults related to MR vibration issues?