Hello from Florida

FLJim

I've been lurking for a couple weeks and finally registered and started things moving with my quad build. I've been into RC for a long time, but active on and off. I've done electric cars, gas cars, electric boats, gas planes, electric planes. I also dabble in electronics (arduino, raspberry pi, etc.) and can handle a soldering iron.

I've had an interest in multirotors for a while, but just recently started getting sucked in. I bought a little Radio Shack drone to get my feet wet and see if I would enjoy flying them and have started ordering parts for a 250. I went that route to keep costs down while I learn. I was tempted to go with a 450, but after reading a lot of posts here decided to start with the smaller and work my way up.

Some quick facts about me: I live in Cape Coral, FL (SWFL) and work in Naples, FL. I'm in IT (servers, networking, storage, etc.) and have some experience programming. I have 2 kids who will likely play with the end results of what I make...I'm hoping to lure them into the building process but we'll see.