Hello all, another newb

defense1

Another new guy, I'm from west Michigan. Have gopro and built an rc trolley system to film pretty much anything in a straight line. Always thought about a plane for fpv but after trying a simulator, realized that's probably not such a good idea. At one point picked up a helipal (I think) 1SQ mini quad and played with it off and on and realized, hey what if I could put a camera on this.
I guess you can see the natural progression of things here lol. Anyway, I want to get into the multirotor platform and will use the gopro till I want better video.
I've already been soaking up the knowledge shared here and will continue to do so.

so that's my story and I'm sticking too it.
Paul

jbrumberg

Welcome defense1. Keep practicing on that 1SQ. I think of those things as "trainers" for the builds. You probably could put a little keychain 808 on it. I have a couple of videos taken with my SYMA X1's carrying an 808 #16. I think those 1SQ's are more powerful than the X1. The "trainers" are also a lot cheaper to repair and replace during those dumb thumb moments which can happen a lot in the beginning of that learning curve. They are fun to fly as well.

SoCal Blur

Now that you've soaked up enough knowledge to know you want to get into Multirotors, be prepared to have this "hobby" soak up your bank account. It can be like a drug as you get pulled in, deeper and deeper... but it sure is a fun ride! :highly_amused: