HDMI to AV Converter

ovdt

There are tons of versions of this converter. The only converter that worked in any situation (24p, 25p, 4K, 2K) was the one from Kopterworx.

dazzab

Hello,

I haven't tried 4K yet with my GH4... Sorry, maybe someone that has will be able to give us some feedback.
Anthony
Thanks for that. I've discovered that it does work at the lower 4K setting of 3840 which doesn't require lowering the system frequency. It's only with the the full 4k resolution that it doesn't work as that requires the camera to be set to a lower frequency. I'm surprised you haven't done any 4k with the GH4. It really is lovely.

dazzab

There are tons of versions of this converter. The only converter that worked in any situation (24p, 25p, 4K, 2K) was the one from Kopterworx.
I bought one of this long ago and it didn't work at all. Not with anything. Dead as a door nail. The cost was quite high and I replaced it the same exact unit that was less than $50. It was quite simple to do the same modification that they do by taking off the RCA connectors, wiring in a power input and shrink wrapping it. The Kopterworx looks like a nice unit but my experience was not good and I can't see any reason to pay that much for it. As for it working at all resolutions, have you ever tried FULL 4k with it using the GH4? Not UHD but full 4k resolution which requires turning the camera base frequency down to 24hz?

questech

Thanks for that. I've discovered that it does work at the lower 4K setting of 3840 which doesn't require lowering the system frequency. It's only with the the full 4k resolution that it doesn't work as that requires the camera to be set to a lower frequency. I'm surprised you haven't done any 4k with the GH4. It really is lovely.

You're right, it is pretty nice. I just haven't used it with that converter yet.

Anthony