HDMI out on GH3 is killing me

tombrown1

Well after many hours I finally have my HDMI board set up so that it transmits a picture successfully from my NEX-5N.

Plug it in to the GH3 however, and I get vertical colored stripes with no picture. I have tried every setting for output: 16:9, 4:3, 1080p, 1080i, 720p, etc... Is there a setting on the camera for PAL/NTSC? Any other ideas?

Is it possible that some HDMI boards work for some cameras, but not others? It is properly powered from a 5V source.

Any help will be appreciated.

Best,

Tom

rsun

Hi

I did have the same problem.

Buy the hdmi converter from Kopterworx and you are up and running. :)

tombrown1

Ouch! That is some money!

Rene, quick side question:

How valuable do you find the ois to be on your 12-35? I have an Olympus prime now without ois and I'm wondering if I'm going to regret that.

Thanks!

Tom

cbpagent72

I have a 12-35mm as well and the OIS is nice at 35mm but at 12mm it really doesn't do much. I considered using the lens for aerial work but I think it will be too heavy to balance.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Kari

I use GH3 with freefly hdmi converter and works like a charm, never had any issues. I have also some cheapo hdmi converter but never really bothered even testing it because ff converter just works and is small. And ff converter gets power from straight from immersion tx 5v output, simple wiring is always nice. I hvae set camera hdmi output to SD for less stressing converter. And 12-35 is sweet lens, no problem balancing it for brushless here. OIS will help if alexmos is not perfectly tuned, especially pitch axis has been difficult to get right and with OIS footage is silky smooth.