Align Multicopter has anybody gone away from stock gain settings?

rsheehan79

I had my gain settings set perfectly and decided to click the reset thing like an idiot to see what the stock settings were. And I don't know where I put the gain settings I had written down. But the stock settings are definitely not my style. This thing doesn't even stay in one place in gps mode. Haha. I raised my gps stop back up to 20, where I had it but don't remember any of my other settings.

eskil23

Wikipedia Photographer
Different sized airframes need different gains. Total weight also matters.

My guess, without knowing your airframe, is that your gains are far to low. Try to set them three times higher.

rsheehan79

Wow... 3 times higher, huh? Think maybe don't ever give that advice to anybody ever again. Haha. Or try blasting your gain settings and let me know how that works for you. Wow.

binlagin

When I was running the APS-M. When carrying my gimbal, I turned the roll and tilt gains down 2-3%. I turn down my yaw gain by 7% or so... it really help reduce vibrations in the video.

rsheehan79

Ok this thread has been botched. Not going to be posting on this forum anymore. If I need dji advice for my align 690, I know right where to come.

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
resheehan, very sorry someone misread this as a DJI thread- I would have replied but I have yet to get my hands on any Align kit other than my 450 Pro single rotor! Have you had other problems with people assuming you are on DJI kit or is this the first time. Just curious as I don't like seeing people not happy with the forum- its been so good to me and I always hope it can do the same for others.

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Yeah but if you realise that he posted in the Align RTF Multi-Rotor Helicopter pages you would have twigged that this is what he was talking about

rsheehan79

Oh I understand. Well I sorta figured the fact that my post was in the Align section and the picture to the left is clearly not a dji it wouldn't have been a question. Also by v2 or v2.0 I meant version 2. Didn't even think about the Naza fc. I wouldn't use a DJI product if it was free. Haha.