Welcome To DroneVibes

DroneVibes is a COMMUNITY of drones enthusiasts. We are experts at drones for all professional and consumer applications. We welcome you to register and join the conversation.

XAircraft HALP! I lost my satellites on my MiniX!

Discussion in 'General Drone Manufacturer Discussion' started by Dennis Laman, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Dennis Laman

Dennis Laman New Member

May 29, 2015
    Lima, Ohio
    Posted by Dennis Laman, Aug 16, 2015 #1
    HALP!!!

I was flying my 450 quad today when I noticed that I had ZERO satellites after a minute or 2 of flying time and the quad went manual on me. Scared the crap outta me! All of a sudden it went crazy on me going where it wanted to go and then, the sats were back and all was good. Dam, it happened a second and a third time during the same 3-minute flight. I landed the quad safely.
    Anybody know what's going on with my Minix? [​IMG]

Here is the log from the blackbox if that will help.

http://log.xaircraft.com/#2015_08_16...72_169.1.05.04

I just checked today with my continuity checker that pins 1 & 2 check ok but pins 3 & 4 are different. On one end Pin 3 goes to pin 4 and the other end pin 4 goes to pin 3. Is this normal? See photo below.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2015
    Tags:
  2. mediaguru

mediaguru Member

May 17, 2014
    Utah
    Posted by mediaguru, Aug 16, 2015 #2
    Check your cable connection to your GPS unit. This same thing happened to me, suddenly zero satellites. On inspection the GPS cable was loose.

3. Dennis Laman

Dennis Laman New Member

May 29, 2015
    Lima, Ohio
    Posted by Dennis Laman, Aug 16, 2015 #3
    I'll give it a whirl. Thanks!

4. Dennis Laman

Dennis Laman New Member

May 29, 2015
    Lima, Ohio
    Posted by Dennis Laman, Sep 2, 2015 #4
    In case anyone was wondering they are sending me a new puck. Mine must be gen 1. Thanks Buddy RC! You guys are great.