H3-3D Gimbal Issues

fsolanes

Hi All,

Im hoping some of you may be able to help. I have several issues with my build and I will post them separately as to not confuse the topics.
My DJI/Zemnuse H3-3D gimbal continues to act up and im pretty sure its not the actual gimbal itself but I'm open to ideas.

Im running an ALL DJI system (A2, IOSD)

Essentially when I'm in the air the gimbal is constantly shifting on the horizontal line and sometimes just hangs and then re levels I've uploaded a video to show what that looks like.

Last edited by a moderator:

hjls3

got any pictures of how h33d is mounted? what frame are you using? from the video it seems lots of vibes are getting to gimbal. some I'm sure thru un-balanced props but maybe you could make some improvements to how its mounted to frame as well. I wonder if so many vibes are getting to it that its re-setting itself in flight? just a guess.

RobBurn

Hello, More info. When you plug in your mr does the gimbal do the proper startup? Next if it does startup correct then if you let it sit on the ground plugged in does the gimbal glitch like it shows in the video?

fsolanes

Here is a video of the startup, once it completes if I move the MR around it does the same thing as if in the air, the Gimbal feels as if its the one introducing the vibration and the glitch.
Should also add that I have 2D Zenmuse as well and when I plug that in it reacts very similar short the horizontal movement. But I have a feeling it has to do with the A2 and or how I'm connecting it because this same setup worked flawless on my NAZA.

With the audio you can hear the vibrating somewhat..

Last edited by a moderator:

hjls3

yikes buddy - yeah my thoughts have nothing todo with that. id say that is faulty h33d.

fsolanes

Thank you for your input surprisingly it works fine when connected to a NAZA rather than A2 thats why i suspected the A2 to be the issue...

fsolanes

Well after much troubleshooting and trials I finally gave in and contacted DJI who provided me with an RMA number. Unfortunately now I have a costly shipping from Canada there and back plus the agonizing wait hopefully not to long.
Here it is all boxed up and ready to go out in the morning :(
I have put all the invoices, return information, RMA details and documented the issues. I hope they take care and get me back a solution.

attachment.php

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 321

that grinding doesn't sound so good... Mine has a little shake about 30-45 seconds after start up but seems to go away once I take off.

38super

Looks like bad gimbal. I had one that would creep to the right then snap back. called dji in LA and they were aware of this problem along with being off a few dig on horizon. But yours on start up
was not what I had..... that looked bad If new one comes and does same thing ck voltage going to the Z . Too much will drive them to go nuts don't know what machine it's on . Make sure machine is level ..this will also effect gimbal. You had a lot of jello in video . a well balanced gimbal will look like a still picture if up above trees and just hovering Unbalanced props are the biggest cause of jello
so make sure they are

Fat Corgi

My tilt axis is constantly chattering. You can't see it moving but you can feel it if you touch the metal bell-housing. Like the gimbal isn't balanced. I'm using a Hero 3+ with no filters attached. Has anyone else experienced this? Haven't flown with it yet, as the weather is horrible, but will see if the "chattering" translates to vibrations in the footage, when the skies clear. I've been flying with a HD-2D for a while, which performed well, and did not have this issue with either of it's 2 axis. Can anyone shed some light on the situation?