Gaui Gu 344

mrob73

Does anyone know if the GU 344 FC supports ultra PWM esc's ? I am trying to use one on a project with no luck.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Does anyone know if the GU 344 FC supports ultra PWM esc's ? I am trying to use one on a project with no luck.

No, only standard PWM ESCs. The GU344 has been around for a few years and at best is just a basic gyro only flight controller that is barely capable of making a quad fly. I have an original 330X that still flys but its not even as stable as the older KK flight controllers I have. Depending on what you're trying to do there likely a lot better controllers available now that cost a lot less than a GU 344 and will do the job better.

Ken

mrob73

That would explain why the motors run at 100% even with 0 throttle. The ESC's I'm using are ultra PWM. I guess this gives me a good excuse to buy a naza.

Kougarok

No, only standard PWM ESCs. The GU344 has been around for a few years and at best is just a basic gyro only flight controller that is barely capable of making a quad fly. I have an original 330X that still flys but its not even as stable as the older KK flight controllers I have. Depending on what you're trying to do there likely a lot better controllers available now that cost a lot less than a GU 344 and will do the job better.

Ken

I just got into multi rotor flying. I started out with the 500X but I am getting ready to build a custom rig. What the best flight controller for the $$? I am going to run 8 motors.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
I just got into multi rotor flying. I started out with the 500X but I am getting ready to build a custom rig. What the best flight controller for the $$? I am going to run 8 motors.

That's the equivalent of asking what is the best car or which computer should I buy, ask a dozen people and you'll probably get a dozen different answers.

Narrow down what you plan to do with it, what features you're looking for, and an approximate range for what you are willing/able to spend, that will determine what will work best for you. I have flight controllers that range from $30 to over $1000 and they all work well when used as intended. I can do things with a $150 controller that a $400 can't do and there's things that a $1000+ flight controller does far better than a $400 controller, all depends on what your expectations are and how much work you're willing (or not) to do to get there.

Ken

FerdinandK

"What the best flight controller for the $$?"

That is a difficult question, that allows many answers depending on the personal flavor of the person who answers, but it is definitely not the GU344!

best regards

Ferdinand