Gryphon x6 ordered for winter project.

Pumpkinguy

I've been researching a full sized build for a while and I am impressed by the qualtlity and fold-ability of the gryphon frames. I've ordered this: http://gryphondynamics.co.kr/product/dodeca-1000-folding-framedc1000f-2
as my platform to build on. Whether I do a coax setup with 12 motors or just a standard hex is still up in the air. This will be a 4 month project where I will take my time and try to make good component decisions. My goal is redundancy, good flight time (>15 mins?) and stability for a GH-4 camera.

ovdt

No worries as long as you have the reinforcement kit. Shame on Gryphon for not offering these reinforcement kit as a standard accessory for the frame.

Pumpkinguy

Do you know the circumstances surrounding the joint failures? Can't find anything online. We're these "heavy lifters"? Like red camera lifters?

Amerly

It's a problem for heavy lift only... Got the FZ1000 and it's super tight... Don't worry about lifting a GH4...

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-19 at 5.15.41 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-11-19 at 5.15.41 PM.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 299

Amerly

Last edited by a moderator:

Pumpkinguy

This frame is on delivery for tomorrow. I may just send it back. I spent a $300 premium to get the folding frame and now I'm being told I need to spend an additional $300 to reinforce it and make it non folding. I have no confidence in the frame after hearing of joint failures. The only failure I can find online was on a x8 1400mm frame with u11 motors but still. A failure will be in the back of my mind every time it's up in the air. Lost on what to do.

simplyfly

Pumkin... what is your application?

I have a heavy lifting design, soon to be released.

This is a prototype, working model I have made for a LiDAR cam. I am sure I have something that can solve your problem.

View attachment 21831

Attachments

• 041.JPG
    041.JPG
    160 KB · Views: 281

Pumpkinguy

Pumkin... what is your application?

I have a heavy lifting design, soon to be released.

This is a prototype, working model I have made for a LiDAR cam. I am sure I have something that can solve your problem.

View attachment 21831

Thank you. With assurances from gryphon frame users and gryphon directly I have gone ahead with the build. It is only a 9kg auw. There is another thread started in this same section. Cheers

simplyfly

Good luck with your build! The ANGEL PRO was made with 10Kg loads, the AUW is 18Kg.... I have a smaller version, for 52MM motors... The ANGEL HD, for AP ;)

Try to ignore the wooden dowels.. I am waiting for the correct dia. CF tubes, as above ....

This frame is slightly smaller than the one above, and have a 1300mm span, when fully extended. Both systems come with a pelican 1700 for storage and transport, with a pelican 1550 for the GCS.

View attachment 21832

Attachments

• 033.JPG
    033.JPG
    164.9 KB · Views: 412

simplyfly

I have also used Carbon and Titanium.... The alloy represents the best mix of strength to weight vs price.

SOOOOO much lighter than a similar sized carbon tube and plate.... the bare frame weighs less than the hardware to hold a tarot 960 together, and this is upto 1.5m!!!

MUCH stronger ... more than 200lbs lateral strength!!!!

The very best part.... all of the components in this design are in full scale industrial production... Lighter, stronger, less expensive. Its just better ;)