ground station

haha49

I have a 9xr radio with a frsky 2.4ghz transmitter plugged into it. I was wondering what can I do to put the attena on a pole and plug it in. Is their a cable that can plug it into the radio so I can put the transmitter on the top of say an RV and fly while sitting inside on a full screen tv. The video receiver is easy just get a longer cord but the transmitter is harder I don't want it going through walls it can do it but I rather not do it.

It would be nice to be able to mount it to a tripod on the roof for example.

cootertwo

Good question. Ever wonder why everybody says that a simple dipole antenna, like comes with almost every video TX is junk? Yet look at any radio TX, what do you see, a simple dipole antenna. I did see a you tube somewhere, where the guy had a clover leaf type antenna on his radio, in place of the dipole. First problem would be how to connect, then there is probably tuning issues. I'd love to be able to sit in my home, and fly around my 1 acre, using my computer monitor via FPV.

haha49

It uses pin connectors to plug into the transmitter. Been in able to buy a cord that plugs in should work if they have 1.

The clover leaf is a bad idea as you would also need to do it to the receiver on the craft. They just use a wire on the receiver.

I swapped the Attend out already and increased my range by a lot. However I want to sit inside and just plug it into the wall and use a 60 in tv