GroundStation2.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 753
  • GroundStation3.jpg
    GroundStation3.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 714
  • GroundStation4.jpg
    GroundStation4.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 707

Yes, distance will be limited, but its main function is to allow you to change settings on the fly and get telemetry data at close range. The OSD with an FPV system will give you information when outside of range.

CrashMaster

So it is not really a 'Ground Station', it is more like a wireless set-up assistant just like WKM system for the iphone!

Yes. It will allow you to make system adjustments on the fly and see on a map where your bird is when within range. The OSD is designed to allow you to fly further away with system information.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
I think this is great. And it's nice to see new functions being added right after the unit just came out.
I really hope that Xaircraft has the enthusiasm to continue this, as the FC works so well I really would like to see the features grow and become the DJI killer! :D

wbrownj

Ok so am I missing something?
How do you link the superX to the ipad... Is there to be a new dongle we are waiting on XA to produce? Or what? Why release app into App Store if it is not ready to use? I can find nothing about the app on the XA site ... Link please if you have it.

Thanks as ever
J

skquad

Ok so am I missing something?
How do you link the superX to the ipad... Is there to be a new dongle we are waiting on XA to produce? Or what? Why release app into App Store if it is not ready to use? I can find nothing about the app on the XA site ... Link please if you have it.

Thanks as ever
J

Didn't realize the app was out. That's good news as the hardware is sure to follow shortly. I have seen a proto version of it and have been salivating in anticipation since. Hopefully only another week or two away.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

rwilabee

I was just wondering. Aren't the Ipads hard to see in the daylight? I don't have one but that is what I have heard.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
I was just wondering. Aren't the Ipads hard to see in the daylight? I don't have one but that is what I have heard.

Of course, anybody that has owned and flew an AR Parrot drone will tell you how impractical smart phone technology is for the present day vehicles that are not toys!

XAircraft are simply trying to capture part of the smart phone market, the App has been out since 2013 and has not been followed up with any workable hardware to make it a 'happening' event. And I for one hope they drop the whole idea, there are better ways to apply way-points and autonomous flight than via and iPad/phone with its very limited range and the inability to see the screen in anything but a darkened room.

And the initial concept was to interface with a ground station not directly with the SuperX, much in the way a radio does.

This is of course only MY opinion

David

wbrownj

While I welcome and like the idea of the ipad interface I have to agree with David about waypoints. It will be interesting to see what the cost of the enabling h/w will be given that, once the 'oooo new gadget' novelty has worn off, I believe it will be of very limited practical use.

FWIW

Jonathan