Greetings from Perth, Australia

el-ricardo

Hi Guys,

Another victim here that's been bitten by this hobby bug... haha. Started with a Parrot AR Drone, didn't take long to pull that apart and "modify" it, initially with a PX4FMU/PX4IOAR so I could use my transmitter/receiver and gain better control until I decided it was time to do build a dedicated XAircraft X650V8. After doing some research into components I decided it made more sense to build something decent based on a Droidworx SkyJib frame and have a mate that has a video production business so thought it would be something nice to hobby myself into, just to enjoy it, nothing more. I come from Gore in NZ, came to Perth for two years and some twenty three years later and world travelled, still here?!?!? Don't miss Gore... HAHA!

I would say after the research I've been doing there is an over supply of not only information but parts, kits, etc, nuts how much everyone seems to be getting on this bandwagon and along with that seems to be a lot of personal thoughts so sifting through all that has been fun, frustrating and downright entertaining. Of course I could avoid all that confusion with a RTF unit but for one, it's way too expensive for me and two, with my background in electronics and ICT seemed a good way to spend some spare time and enjoy the progress of this as I can afford each stage.

I'm looking forward to the V2 manual being available for download, for the power distribution too, I like to do things neatly and a bit of a perfectionist so reading things like that just cements the choices I make.

Hope things are groovy, thanks for making some awesome gear, proud for us Kiwi's to slowly be taking over the world ;). LOL!

Laterz, Richard.

nicwilke

Welcome mate.
I'm in Sth NSW, closer to NZ than you. LOL.
I had XA X8, then hexa, now onto the real stuff, droidworx....

Lifter

Hey Richard,
Welcome to MRF,
Make sure you have a large bank account mate cause you are going to need it.
Droidworks, a good choice - got my DW Octo 8 from Blip.com (Ben Moyes,Vic) but as RTF as I didnt trust my electronics skills.
Started off with a Gaui 330 then upgraded it to the 500, still have it (after several rebuilds that is).
Think my Grandfather came from Gore NZ.
Cheers and have fun.

rolsen66

hi guys i am perth too. been doing a lot of research on the DJI f550 and thought i would give that a shot. I been mucking around with the AR drone i have had enough of its short range wifi system so want to upgrade. Hopefully get the kit to make myself and we shall see what happens