Mikrokopter Graupner mx20 and gr-16 newest firmware NO FAILSAFE !!!!!

darekbo

Hi I had same problems with MK, Garupner and Herkules III. After 50 good flights I started to have strange fast movements of copter in different directions without any problems in log. For now I think that was because of interference from herkules to GR-16....but I still investigating.... So one of things which I did was upgrading software in garupner mx 20 to 1.173 and in receiver gr-16 to 6a35_f9. And after that MK doesn't recognize that mx20 is switched off. The failsafe doesn't work !!! There is no information via telemtery or bluetooth that transmitter mx20 is off !!!! After downgrading to version 33508_gr_rx8_6a34_f9 failsafe started to work. So do not upgrade software in GR-16 to newest version !!!! What firmware do you use in your Graupner receivers and transmitters ?

The older GR-24L with version 3.75 works fine. My two new GR-24L's did not work with failsafe, and have ver 3.78 If you buy a GR-24L, or any Graupner Rx, it might come with a later firmware version, which is not compatible. It can be made "safe" if you change a setting on your Graupner Tx. = RX FailSafe : change Channel 1 >> OFF
I think this affects ALL Graupner Rx with more recent firmware, not just the "L" series. I read of others with the GR-24 and the GR-16 (both non-"L") who also had FS problems.

From Lothar Freudenberg at MK tech support just yesterday:
"Graupner did change the FailSafe function in the receivers. If you use the latest Software on your receiver you have to go into the Menu"
""Setting & Data view".
There go to the window "RX Fail Safe Vx.xx" and change the "MODE" of channel 1 to "OFF". Now the copter will again receive the lost signal."

The GR "L" series all do SUMO, as we need for the MK, except the 12L. The 12L does NOT do SUMO, so you need the 16L or up.

Direct from Grauper USA tech support:
"The 12L can only do SUMD while all the other xxL RX's can do all SUMx variations but they lack some of the build in mixers capabilities."

So in a nutshell, to be safe: Change your RX FS on your TX, from Channel 1 to OFF! Then you will not have to worry about which Rx version you have.

darekbo

Yes but try to switch on receiver first (before mx20) with newest firmware and even "change Channel 1 >> OFF" the failsafe will not work !!!! and next if you will switch on transmitter it will start to work.... but there is possibility if receiver will lose the power the failsafe will not work :( In older firmware failsafe work always !!!