gps trouble

hello folks, my name is glenn and i've been flying multirotors for about 8 months now, and i've had a few hundred dollars fly away on me, so i thought i would invest in an autopilot system. the one i chose was the dji nazamlite which i thought would be the best choice. well let me tell you about 8 mnths of pure aggravation and frustration trying to get this thing to program on my pc. i've been through 4 systems now and couldn't get any of them to respond to my pc. i must confess that i've only had a pc for less than a year so i really don't know what i'me doing sometimes. anyway i bought a flyshark system with pretty much the same results. now i've been doing rc for several decades now and i know how to assemble systems properly, but these 2 systems have me crying uncle. is there anyone out there who can help me figure these out. i live on a very fixed income so i can't pay a lot for services but will do whatever i can to make it up to anyone who can help me figure these out and make them work thank you all GLENN WELCH

cleamon

hello folks, my name is glenn and i've been flying multirotors for about 8 months now, and i've had a few hundred dollars fly away on me, so i thought i would invest in an autopilot system. the one i chose was the dji nazamlite which i thought would be the best choice. well let me tell you about 8 mnths of pure aggravation and frustration trying to get this thing to program on my pc. i've been through 4 systems now and couldn't get any of them to respond to my pc. i must confess that i've only had a pc for less than a year so i really don't know what i'me doing sometimes. anyway i bought a flyshark system with pretty much the same results. now i've been doing rc for several decades now and i know how to assemble systems properly, but these 2 systems have me crying uncle. is there anyone out there who can help me figure these out. i live on a very fixed income so i can't pay a lot for services but will do whatever i can to make it up to anyone who can help me figure these out and make them work thank you all GLENN WELCH
You might try some of the excellent videos on this subject: i.e.

Alwil

What type of PC do you have? What version of Windows? Sounds like
a driver issue do to the new operating systems and security.

i have an hp 550-044 running wjn10, and i've tried rebooting to win 8.1 plus have downloaded the required drivers and firmware but keep getting prompts like {needs elevation} or wizzard timed out waiting for board to be plugged in when the board was plugged in and things like searial port fail or bootloader fail or you have to use a plug in? what is that? i don't speak computer so i don't know what is going on or what to do!@#$%^&&&^%$. and i've watched so many videos i can't keep count , but i'll keep trying. THANKS GUYS

Last edited by a moderator:

Well I would consider trying another computer. Its either the computer or the naza. I have never heard of those prompts before.

Cra53r

We are here to help !! I've been a computer programmer on Microsoft for over 25 years and Apple for 5 years so we can give this a shot.. First of all let's start with the computer ... we are going to need some screenshots of what's happening .. Just to let you know I have a Naza and I am running windows 10 and I had to change the driver permission on it.
So send a few screenshots lets get this sorted out

i have returned both gps systems to hk and have heard that the flyshark system checked out bad, still waiting to hear about the naza, so at the moment i don't have any gps system but i will be getting one as soon as i can figure out which one will work with my pc. i can't tell you how much i appreciate all the help i've recieved from everyone, and i will never forget it, i'me sure i'll be calling for more help when i do get another system. THANK YOU ALL from the bottom of my heart. GLENN WELCH

PS i still have a few fc's that i can't seem to get through to my pc with, i get many of the same prompts that i got with the gps systems. i have a hk dys full carbon 250 folding quad that came with an open pilot cc3d board that keeps showing searial port fail when i try to program it, i also have an op cc3d mini which gives me a prompt saying that the wizzard timed out waiting for the board to be plugged in, when the board IS plugged in, and i have a naze32 board which gives me the timed out prompt. i have used a half dozen different cables to connect to the pc, so i'me sure it's not the cable. i also get a prompt saying i need to manually program with a plug in? what is that?. i purchased a few kk2 hc fc's thinking they would make an easier setup, but the pi settings i can't seem to get right. it seems i get better performance from a cheap qqthunder fc, but now even those seem to have gone bad because they won't keep from yawing out of controll, i don't understand why. i didn't realize that you needed to be proficiant at the computer to be able to fly multirotors. again please excuse my poor spelling. anyway i still need educating on the pc, i need to learn to speak computer, so i beg your patience, again THANK YOUALL. GLENN WELCH ps i bought a usb device to upgrade the firmware on the kk2's but can't find any info on how to and where to use it can anyone enlighten me.?