GPS calibration wont do the vertical calibration

DDK

I have a problem with calibrating my GPS.
Enter calibration mode ok and have study yellow light on the VU
after horizontal 360 degree the light change to study green as it should...so far all good.
then I turn the quad 90 degree vertical and rotate again full 360 but the light keep study green
and there is no change like nothing is happening.
I have checked everything and all seems to be ok.

do you have any idea?

Thanks

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
I did this once, just to find my plug was not seated correctly. Make sure the GPS plug is pushed all the way in, make sure when calibrating that you are not wearing anything metallic. You are away from structures and powerlines.
It is not actually the GPS that you are calibrating, it is the compass within and it's very sensitive to magnetism, some metals will affect it in an adverse way.
Out of interest, what is the led indicating when you finish?
-----------------------------
Sent using my fingers on my electronic telecommunicating device thingy via Tapatalk 2

DDK

I did this once, just to find my plug was not seated correctly. Make sure the GPS plug is pushed all the way in, make sure when calibrating that you are not wearing anything metallic. You are away from structures and powerlines.
It is not actually the GPS that you are calibrating, it is the compass within and it's very sensitive to magnetism, some metals will affect it in an adverse way.
Out of interest, what is the led indicating when you finish?
-----------------------------
Sent using my fingers on my electronic telecommunicating device thingy via Tapatalk 2

Checked and double checked...all plugs include the GPS one are correctly connected all the way in.
What I am saying is that the green led light wont come off and stays study which mean calibration not finished...
it doesnt show any error, just stuck there after horizontal calibration done...led changes to green...doing the vertical and it wont accept it.
I have done all directions and options available + jumping on one leg and making chicken noise...doesnt work

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
I am surprised the chicken noise did nothing.... That was my next suggestion to you.

Now, on a super serial note, when I calibrate, I rotate to get the green and it stays green, I change to the vertical position and keep turning until it goes out. Only when it goes out it is done, maybe you are not rotating enough? I know sometimes my rotations are past 360°

DDK

+1. Keep turning until the light goes out, then stop. I turn about 400 degrees sometimes.

I tried that even before wrote on forum.

trust me that I have tried everything that could imagine...nothing worked.

Talked to DJI and they suggested I might have defective unit...working with dealer to sort it out.

Hugh delay to our AP work with new contract for holiday villas

tstrike

pendejo grande
I tried that even before wrote on forum.

trust me that I have tried everything that could imagine...nothing worked.

Talked to DJI and they suggested I might have defective unit...working with dealer to sort it out.

Hugh delay to our AP work with new contract for holiday villas

You can disconnect the gps and fly your gig in atti mode if it's that important.

Do you have a picture of how your puck is mounted?

Last edited by a moderator:

DDK

You can disconnect the gps and fly your gig in atti mode if it's that important.

Do you have a picture of how your puck is mounted?

There is a very clear answer why I would not fly this machine unless this issue solved,
The reason is that the all problem might be in the MC itself and not in the GPS unit,
so flying it while it might or might not have an issue is not a good thing even if it will fly well for the first try...you just never know
and one thing I learned during the many years I am in business is that you never mass with electronics....or its perfect or its not! no middle.

Anyway guys DJI approved this is first time such case come up and suggested I have defective unit
all was repacked and sent to the dealer for exchange.