Got it flying

Rocky

I'm new here, I recently got my Quad flying after having it sit for years unfinished. I'm working out the kinks, so that I can get some nice pictures. I have to get a bigger battery, the 2200mah battery only gives me around 5min, I have to work on the camera control, and get power for the pitch gimbal.

DSC02302_zps23a4377c.jpg

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
that's awesome Rocky, you'll have a lot of fun with that! having built it yourself you're farther along than you probably realize.

Congrats!

There's a great firmware for the KK 2.0 board, I just have to remember the name....Alien maybe??

Rocky

Uggh, total Noob mistake tonight. Finally got my USBasp and the flash tool to work on my Win8 laptop and flashed 1.6 firmware to my KK2. I thought I wrote down all the settings, but I guess I missed a few parameters.

Rocky

It is, but I chose it because it takes great pictures, it was relatively inexpensive (used from eBay). The most important reason is because I can hack it with CHDK, it allows me to control it with the 3 position switch on my transmitter or use the intervalometer and have it take a pic every few seconds.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
It is, but I chose it because it takes great pictures, it was relatively inexpensive (used from eBay). The most important reason is because I can hack it with CHDK, it allows me to control it with the 3 position switch on my transmitter or use the intervalometer and have it take a pic every few seconds.

Awesome! Cheap and already hacked! You're a natural!

Rocky

After struggling with El Cheapo pencil soldering irons all my life, my wife got me this soldering station for my birthday. The last straw was when my 60W iron gave up the ghost while I was trying to make a TRX to XT60 battery adapter. It started getting really hot causing me all kinds of grief, then it just died. Anyway, I finally flew my quad with a 5000mah pack, I was able to get a 16min hover out of it.
10918995_10205791026117981_4196822143903081074_n.jpg