GoPro question...

SkyDyno

Hi all.....

Question... I'll be using a GoPro. Once connected, will it display the image back to the base station but not record?

can I then switch the recording on and off as I wish?

I want to be able to see where I'm going all the time, but only record video when I want....

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
SkyDyno,

That's a good question. I know the GoPro will provide live video even while not recording but I don't know if there is a remote on/off for it, there probably is but I've never gone looking for that. You can try rcshutter.com or one of the other remote shutter release manufacturers, they might have something for GoPro. Post a link here pls. if you find something.

Regards,
Bart

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
As far as I know you can't start and stop recording the GoPro whilst in the air. But since it's automatic it doesn't really matter. It does have Bluetooth but it's not really practical due to it's short range.

And yes, you can record and have a live down-link at the same time.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
this would probably help, it's a mod to add wires so the push-buttons can be repositioned away from the camera. if you do this you should be able to use a servo controlled switch to switch the video on and off. i followed a similar mod for my NEX 5N and was able to remotely trigger the camera as if I was pushing the button on the camera so this looks similar.

Last edited by a moderator: