GoPro mount

Y0urDaddy

I bumped an old post on this topic that I found with a Google search. That post was about 2 years old so I wanted to put a quick thread up.

I got a FatShark Pilot HD camera for my FPV system basically as it will record video as well as transmit FPV data. Overall I am not too happy with it as the FPV signal gets really dark to the point I cannot fly the quad. I was thinking of going back to the CMOS camera that came with the FatShark system but I do want to record some video as well.

So my question is:

Is there a reasonably priced GoPro mount that I can find for my F450? I have seen a few gimbals systems but right now I am not looking for something like that. I am basically looking for a way to mount a GoPro to the F450 frame so I can get some in flight video. Right now I am fine whit not having a gimbal to keep the video level, I just want to see what kind of video I can capture while flying with the Fatshark system.

If I can get something that works well my overall plan is to build an F550 for video, and use my F450 for basic flying/fun type stuff.

The most inexpensive GoPro I have seen starts at $130. I would be looking for a mount that is around $50 or so.

Thanks...

Y0urDaddy

bump...

Any advice here? One of the local hobby shops in town said they had a mount but I would have to drill the bottom plate of my F450 to use it. I am not too sure I want to go that route. Anyone know of a mount that would not require drilling out the plate?

Thanks.

YD

Rgolfer

Gearing Up to Fly
bump...

Any advice here? One of the local hobby shops in town said they had a mount but I would have to drill the bottom plate of my F450 to use it. I am not too sure I want to go that route. Anyone know of a mount that would not require drilling out the plate?

Here's a mount that works well for me. Not fancy at all. I used an IrisAerial batwing (don't think he sells them anymore but you could check) and a standard GoPro mount. Drilled a hole in the batwing and used a nylon screw for the GoPro mount along with the GoPro mount's double sided tape. The batwing is cable tied to the F450 arms. Works quite well. Got the idea from someone else on this forum a while back.

attachment.php

Attachments

• F450&GoPro.JPG
    F450&GoPro.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 291

JoeBob

Elevation via Flatulation
I wouldn't enjoy editing all my video while standing on my head...

Or losing quality when rotating it.

Unless there is a feature in the GoPro to invert the image, you'll be wearing your Fatsharks upside down.

Rgolfer

Gearing Up to Fly
I wouldn't enjoy editing all my video while standing on my head...

Or losing quality when rotating it.

Unless there is a feature in the GoPro to invert the image, you'll be wearing your Fatsharks upside down.

the GoPro works either inverted or upright

Y0urDaddy

that mount looks like something I could make if I had to.

I am really thinking of putting a F550 together for video and such. I think my F450 is about at the limit of what I can carry with a decent fly time right now. I am currently flying the landing struts and the FPV system. I still get close to 10mins of fly time out of it but once I add the mound and gopro I am sure that will go down quite a bit. I am kind of thinking of taking the struts off the F450 and working on getting a F550 together. I would think a hex can carry an S4 and extra payload a lot easier than a quad can.

Thanks...

YD