GoPro Lens

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Are most of you that are using the GoPro using the stock lens.

Rich

I have both stock lens and Sunex lens on the pair I have. The Sunex lens works well but you need a very steady platform for the end result to look good. With the Sunex lens any rolling shutter (jello) or camera mount/multirotor instability or vibration will be clearly seen, much more so than with the stock fisheye lens.

Ken

Emowillcox

I'm like Ken I also have both and thinking about getting that new gopro2. The stock lens is very wide and can distort things in certain situations. I got the sunex lens to try out and have been pretty happy with the results... but didn't like how it is not protected by the case.

rwilabee

kevinv033

I just took a look at it. I don't shoot under water but I wonder if it would help to be able to use lense filters above water.

Rich

Friend of mine has this. I haven't seen it in person yet or any results. Maybe this weekend. I'll see if he'll share some insight with me.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I bought the ragecams 6mm and for some reason it didnt seem as sharp as the stock lens. it also has to be manually focused for close or far ranges which is annoying. It will fit in the stock case though. Overall, the stock lens turned out to be better. I am open to the possibility though that my lens was defective because the "haze" was pretty bad. And it obviously wasn't the sensor as when i put the stock lens back on everything was fine.