GoPro, FPV question

LeeT

Wannabe AP Dude
I have a GoPro 1. I know I can use it as an FPV camera. Will it also record at the same time it is being used as an FPV camera? If not, do any of the newer GoPro's do both video out and record at the same time?

Or do I need one camera for recording and one for FPV.

<tbody>
</tbody>

wbal57

I have a GoPro 1. I know I can use it as an FPV camera. Will it also record at the same time it is being used as an FPV camera? If not, do any of the newer GoPro's do both video out and record at the same time?

Or do I need one camera for recording and one for FPV.

<tbody>
</tbody>

Yes it will output live video as it is recording. Their is a slight lag but not nearly as bad as the lag for the gopro 3 series.

I agree there is a lag if the person is using the GoPro's Wi-Fi connection to an iPhone or some other device using the Wi-Fi? The lag on the GoPro Hero3 is pretty bad, ranging from 2-5 seconds delay.

However, if the question is about using the GoPro video out to a video downlink of sorts, then there is no lag; it's pretty much immediate just like any other FPV camera. That's what I use on my F450, as well as soon to be on my S800 for the pilot's view.

Dewster

Question: is it better to use a Gopro camera for FPV or should I buy a micro camera designed for FPV? Is it easier or harder to fly with a fish eye lens?

tstrike

pendejo grande
The GP's have a harder time adjusting to light changes vs. the fpv cams. The wifi on the gp3's are really only useful for framing and will drain your battery twice as fast, don't try and fly fpv with the wifi.