GoPro aftermarket Lens

This is what I know. (1) I have the Sunex in my GoPro1 and I like it a lot. (2)I bought a GoPro2 and was going to put a Sunex lens in it, and found out they weren't compatible (don't know for sure, just read it in a couple of places). (3) Shipping the lense from "ReadyMadeRc" is MUCH cheaper than from Sunex, (4) RageCam lens is twice the money of the Sunex. (5) I may have to buy a RageCam anyway for the GoPro2, because I just don't like the fisheye effect. -- JOHN

rwilabee

Can you use the original case with the Sunex if you remove the fisheye cover. I understand the RageCam Lens at 2.8 still has a little fisheye does the Sunex.

Thanks
Rich

This is what I know. (1) I have the Sunex in my GoPro1 and I like it a lot. (2)I bought a GoPro2 and was going to put a Sunex lens in it, and found out they weren't compatible (don't know for sure, just read it in a couple of places). (3) Shipping the lense from "ReadyMadeRc" is MUCH cheaper than from Sunex, (4) RageCam lens is twice the money of the Sunex. (5) I may have to buy a RageCam anyway for the GoPro2, because I just don't like the fisheye effect. -- JOHN

No fisheye with the 2.8 that I can see. I haven't done it, but I'm sure if you take the lens cover off the waterproof case, it would have to fit. There is no reason that I can see that would stop it. I have read of others that said they have done it. -- JOHN

kloner

Aerial DP
are any of them better in direct sun or low light?

is there a way to use polarized filters? are they like polarized sunglasses and knock down the glare? any better than the next?

kloner

Aerial DP
he's got alot of stuff. Whats the difference between that lens you pointed out and just the filter insert he sells below? the lack of fisheye? Is that big flat lens what does it or is it in a number?

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I had the 6mm ragecams and it was not that great IMO. Image seemed dull in comparison to stock lens. I had to constantly focus it for different ranges. It was nice that it still fit in the case which is why i bought it. But the biggest issue with changing the FOV on a cheap CMOS, is that the narrower FOV you go the more sensitive it will become to rolling shutter. My advice is to keep what you got and buy a btter camera all together if it is that much of a concern. I have seen some impressive footage from gopros with sunex lenses but I think they go through hell eliminating vibrations. Just my $.02

tstrike

pendejo grande
The little insert one was his first version from like 3 years ago, I know he was having issues with quality control and the fact it's fairly fragile. The wide lens was his version of the underwater non distortion lens cover and he added the nd filter. That guy was one of the first to see the potential of the gopro and started making accessories for them.
I've got an AeroXcarft gopro gimbal and the front of the box the camera sets in sticks out just far enuff past the front of the lens you could tape an ND filter on it.
he's got alot of stuff. Whats the difference between that lens you pointed out and just the filter insert he sells below? the lack of fisheye? Is that big flat lens what does it or is it in a number?