GoodLuckBuy Freight Tip

doehme

Hi there,

When getting stuff from GoodLuckBuy, it appears that there is no point paying extra for premium/express freight. I ordered $80 worth of stuff over a fortnight ago and paid an extra $20 (approx.) for "3 - 5 days" delivery. Tracking number doesn't work and still no sign of my parts after 16 days. I should have just gone for normal/cheapest freight.

Dene

gtranquilla

RadioActive
In case you are not aware.... a major crackdown just occurred by the air freight and shipping industries due to unsafe transportation of LiPo batteries from China..... they are classified as HAZMAT material...... HobbyKing made a major announcement that all RC products are delayed significantly as a result of careful inspection of all items "searching for LiPos". I have 5 orders from Asia all stuck in limbo as a result....... Once they leave by air there is a corresponding delay as the glut hits customs when parcels land resulting in a 2nd considerable delay as Customs was not prepared for the sudden onslaught...... two of my parcels landed at customs over 10 days ago and are still sitting there..... you are not alone!!!

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
I think he's saying that they are holding everything up regardless, for inspection, because the hobby shippers had been sneaking them into shipments undeclared.

gtranquilla

RadioActive
Yes...... LiPos are technically a HAZMAT item especially when larger capacity batteries are not properly packaged and/or shipped in bulk....... the crackdown is on all parcels from RC product suppliers from HK and Singapore which sends a message that all businesses and customers will be hurt if these rules continue to be broken.
I think he's saying that they are holding everything up regardless, for inspection, because the hobby shippers had been sneaking them into shipments undeclared.

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Had a package from HK with my GoPro3+BE sent late last Tuesday, was on board with the local delivery guy at 6am Thursday morning, 1.5 days from HK to Canberra Australia quite amazed me and it did contain a small LiPo battery.

Pete

Further information on shipping delays...[video]http://www.viddler.com//v/e017c854/[/video]

Yes...... LiPos are technically a HAZMAT item especially when larger capacity batteries are not properly packaged and/or shipped in bulk....... the crackdown is on all parcels from RC product suppliers from HK and Singapore which sends a message that all businesses and customers will be hurt if these rules continue to be broken.

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Interesting video, gives an idea of how big Hobby King is.

Apparently this is having little effect on packages to Australia as there was already a good setup in place.

Pete

If you are getting delivery in 1.5 days to Canberra from HobbyKing then you are ordering from the Australian warehouse and getting delivery within country Not from hong kong

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
You also need to take into account the USA Government shutdown, furloughed federal workers including some customs workers are slowing down imports too. I have been waiting on a delivery from Hong Kong for over 3 weeks myself! Just props, nothing else and not from Backorder King either.

Last edited by a moderator: