Goggles/Headgear Round Up, Lots to choose from

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
It's a continuous battle to stay current with this stuff. Consider that I'm still using Myvu goggles from 2010 along with a pair of (maybe version 1??) Fatsharks.

What are you guys flying FPV with? I just got an email from getfpv.com about HeadPlay HD FPV goggles but what else are you guys flying and why? With built in receivers or without?

Thanks!
Bart

cootertwo

Hi Bart. I have about one of everything out there. Yes, I'm a nut! I have to wear reading glasses, just to see my computer monitor, and stronger ones for reading or close up work. Headplay's are nice, with the built in receiver, but I can't get them in focus with any of the included lens. Same with the cheapo HK headset. I even bought some very thin reading glasses, that I can squeeze into both, without much improvement. And I just ordered a VueXL VX1 headset to try, as they are new, and have 4 different lens. I have no problem at all using my FatShark Attitudes, or my SkyZone goggles though. Kinda hard to explain, but others reviewing, have said the same thing. There's almost too much of a view with a single screen, as opposed to a double screen goggle setup. You kinda have to look around, side to side. Kinda like if you were sitting in the first row at a movie theater. At least that's the way it is for me. We'll see what these new VX1's do when they get here. Ordered for GetFPV.com
I may be having a big yard sale soon, to get rid of some of this stuff that I can't use!

GotHeliRC

http://gothelirc.com
The last FPV race I went to... I see about 50% using HeadPlay and 45% using goggles and 5% monitor. Everyone had different opinions and pros and cons. So you just have to borrow what you don't have from your buddy that do have and see what you like best. :D

cootertwo

I got my VueXL's the other day. a wee bit better than my Head Plays, or the cheepee HK ones, but still not what I'd prefer to fly with FPV. The VueXL's do come with 4 different lens, and the strongest is as thick as a coke bottle! However, I'm not flying in a big open field, I just putz around my one acre tree forest, and my SkyZones, or FatShark Attitudes do fine in that situation. I like the idea that was incorporated into the new Dominators, the little electric fan, to keep the goggles from fogging. Might try to rig something like that up on the goggles I now have.