Gluing broken F550 Arm

Skywalker

After hours of tuning this week, I had my DJI F550 flying really great. Unfortunately, my old DX7 transmitter battery gave up in mid flight. I knew the battery was getting weak, and would leave it plugged in between flights. 100% my fault. I smashed the rig pretty hard, and broke one arm into 3 pieces. I ordered a few more, but I wont get them until next week.
Has anyone had any success gluing these plastic arms back together? I was thinking super glue, followed by some epoxy?

tstrike

pendejo grande
If I were going to try and fix a 5 dollar part, I would use a splint along with epoxy. But why not wait, besides, you need a new tx battery anyhow, just go eat a sandwich and wait for parts, sometimes it's whachta gotta due.

DennyR

You can repair them but use some wire or small screws as well, the epoxy alone wont hold up for too long.

maxwelltub

I have actually epoxied an arm and its been flying hard for about a year. The arm was able to fit back together in a perfect fit, no missing pieces form the fracture. Epoxying 3 pieces might be a stretch, maybe reinforcing with a flat carbon fiber strip on either side would help.