Glitchs when hovering naza v2

mspaterick

I hovered my hex copter yesterday and after about 20 seconds in the air it would glitch. The copter would pitch forward and backwards about 15 degrees then it would hover nice and stable for about 30 seconds, then it would do it again. During the flight the green lights were flashing the whole time.

Does anyone know what causes this?

Thanks
Mark

photobobga

Agree with blade strike. I re-soldered all my connectors with new connectors and this problem went away. A real pain in the butt, but the problem went away.

David Lee

I also struggled with this problem, instead of listening to the experts I swapped out my NAZA to a NAZA 2. No luck. Then I striped the plastic off of all the bullet connectors and found not only were some loose, at least half of the 18 connectors had some kind of oxidation on the motor side wires. I cleaned them all off and then soldered the bullet connectors to the ESCs. My F550 now flies rock solid. Thanks all for the good advice!

bensid54

So when you were having this problem with both controllers and before you soldered the bullet connectors did both controllers behave the same way or was there a notable difference between the two controllers on how your hex handled?

David Lee

bensid54,

The handling of the F550 was the same with the Naza and the Naza 2 before soldering the bullet connectors. What I did notice was that the F550 became, increasingly, more erratic over the time I used to try adjusting gains and swapping out ESCs and motors. My guess is this was due to the increase in corrosion or the connectors becoming less conductive.

It was a very frustrating exercise solving this problem.

Best,
Dave

bensid54

When you suggested soldering your wires right to the ESC it made good sense. I then fell back on my time as a Heavy Duty Mechanic/Electrician when it came to corroded connections we would use electrical contact cleaner and a rag then coat the connections with Dialetic grease to stop corrosion so I tried that first. It now is far more stable and actually gains altitude faster, thanks for the tip I'm much happier with my craft now.