GH4 + Z15 Can I use a different lens than 12mm? ND filter?

I've been searching a lot over the internet but cannot find any specific info regarding to this. I have a S900+A2+Zenmuse z15-gh4+ Panasonic gh4 with Olympus 12mm wich is the one that DJI tells you to put.
On the manual they say that you cannot use any filter and of course a different lens.
I know that some people is using Nd filters with no problem, but I want to know if some adjustment is needed on the gimbal. I also would love to use other lenses as well, like the 20mm, which I read that has very similar weight. My question is if someone is using other lens and how they did it. Any tutorial out there?

Many thanks!

eskil23

Wikipedia Photographer
A screw-on filter is light enough not to cause any major problems, but a heavier (or lighter) lens would require you to rebalance the gimbal.

eskil23

Wikipedia Photographer
Normally it is done by moving the camera back or forward in the cradle, but it looks like it is not possible with the Z15. That leaves the option to tape weights to the back of the camera to balance a heavier lens.

Yep, that's why I'm trying to find someone that has already done this to do it the right way. I'm really bad at DIY and don't want to broke the brand new gimbal.
Many thanks

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
You “CAN” add a different lens and rebalance the gimbal BUT the Zenmuse is precisely set up for the specified weight and size. Once you start messing with the balence the gimbal will be slightly fighting the tuning. Honestly they selected the 12mm Olympus because it’s a really nice lens and the image is really nice. Personally I’d just get that lens and enjoy the gimbal working at 100%.

Again, not saying it can’t be done, but I think you diminish the Zenmuses precision by using other lenses.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Yep, that's why I'm trying to find someone that has already done this to do it the right way. I'm really bad at DIY and don't want to broke the brand new gimbal.
Many thanks

Like Sleepy said Pablo, there aren't any adjustments to re-tune the gimbal after you change the lens so you've got settings for the one lens and that's it.

Javajack

Java Post Aerial Photo
I too want to run a 20 or 25mm lens on this gimbal. We are going to try removing the face plate so the camera simply sits on the base plate and see if we can balance the 20mm lens. With the older Zenmuse we could run the 14 and 20mm lenses and are disappointed that we can only run the 12mm Olympus lens. Yes it's a nice lens but 12mm is not a good lens for every situation, especially if you are shooting feature films, as we are. I suppose I should just give up and move to a more universal gimbal, a Gremsy or something for this S900.

PMaughan

I too want to run a 20 or 25mm lens on this gimbal. We are going to try removing the face plate so the camera simply sits on the base plate and see if we can balance the 20mm lens. With the older Zenmuse we could run the 14 and 20mm lenses and are disappointed that we can only run the 12mm Olympus lens. Yes it's a nice lens but 12mm is not a good lens for every situation, especially if you are shooting feature films, as we are. I suppose I should just give up and move to a more universal gimbal, a Gremsy or something for this S900.
How did you get on?

Javajack

Java Post Aerial Photo
We can swap in the 14mm but the 20 doesn't balance well enough. We have a Gremsy gimbal arriving next week so will try and move away from the DJI gimbals if we can get better performance.