GH3 WiFi set up

Grubby

Hi
Bought the GH3. Got more bells and whistles on it than my old box Brownie.

What settings on the WiFi Set up menu do I use, to enable the GH3 to be used as FPV for the pilots use ?
Also, if on another day I want to use an on-board mini ccd camera for the pilot, and a cameraman with a second controller to see through the GH3 lens, how do the two separate monitors know which signal to lock on to ?
I'm sure it's obvious to you hardcore guys/girls, but it's not to this 'newbie'.
Thanks for your patience.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Hi mate,

Good questions so I'll try to make a good answer.

We don't use wifi on a multirotor as it can interfere with the 2.4GHz control. You'll need to transmit the video signal through a 5.8GHz FPV transmitter via the HDMI port on the GH3. For the second camera you'll likely need another 5.8GHz transmitter at a different frequency (there's multiple frequencies within 5.8GHz).

Or the other and simpler option is using the DJI iOSD which has two camera inputs. Alas you can only transmit one at a time so would have to flick between them.

It seems as if you have the camera but not the aircraft or FPV equipment, is that correct? Or otherwise, what aircraft/gimbal are you using?

Grubby

Thanks. An easy to understand reply !
Will shortly have an s800 Evo with Zenmuse Gimbal.
I'm a relative beginner at both flying and camera work, so there's a lot to learn.
However, I'm pretty clever :)highly_amused: yeh, right !) on the engineering side of things so I'm going to try and adapt the Gimbal for the Panasonic 12-35mm lens. I'm told it can't be done. I'm not convinced.
Want a Flytrex but it's not compatible with the A2 controller at the moment. (that's electronics, not engineering, so I can't sort that out)
I'm down in Chepstow, dangerously close to the river Severn !

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Awesome!

Sounds like you've got a good start already. Have you ordered the A2 already? If not then get a Wookong instead. There are quite a few reports of bugs with the A2.

I'm also not convinced you'll be able to use that lens. You'll see when you get the Zenmuse that space is limited. Make sure nothing hits anything when the Zenmuse does it's calibration 'dance' as you could damage it. And make sure the Zenmuse is perfectly balanced.

Anyway, all advice for when you get your kit. That's when the real questions will start!

I'm just on the other side of the Severn near Nailsworth. Not far really.