GH3 concerning rumors whats what seems reasonable.

jes1111

"remote control" caught my attention - so that would bring it up alongside (above?) the Canon EOS-M in my list.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Being as though the "3" was photoshopped in on that picture, I wouldnt believe anything until it is actually released. If for some reason they add 1080/60p it will be THE camera.

leemann

Its also going to be larger (not sure by how much) which might be a problem for the current z15. Its the only real disadvantage to the z15 in my opinion. The cameras will have a lot quicker lifecycle then most of the gimbals. I hope DJI comes up with a few ways to modify the current gimbal to allow for some flexibility at least within the same camera models or makes.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Thats cool. I was worried already that it would not be possible and my questions in that direction were not answered.
But the problem is a different one. The nick axis docent have that much space anymore. So if the Gh3 lets say is in total 5 cm bigger and than needs to b shifted additionally a couple cm to one side to keep it in balance than there is not enough space. For sure the camera trigger plug if still handled the same for the Gh3 will have to go !

View attachment 6095

bad pic but i goes you guys get the point

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 274

leemann

They should make a standard z15 frame with inserts for different camera setups that you can buy additionally. Then they should have software selectable camera configurations so the z15 "knows" what it has on it and has to balance. Surely that can't be that difficult.

jes1111

I agree it can't be that difficult, but they spent all the budget on engineers (good ones) and skimped on the "well thought out" aspect of the product ;) - it will certainly be a bummer if the GH2 becomes "obsolete" and a GH3 won't fit!

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
it will also be very interesting to see how they will set the price jumps ! Canon 5D III version which is coming, same motors or little stronger or what ever plays a role with these ones, little bigger frame to fit the cam ! Will this result in 1000 $ jump or a lot more. Will be interesting !

DennyR

Thats cool. I was worried already that it would not be possible and my questions in that direction were not answered.
But the problem is a different one. The nick axis docent have that much space anymore. So if the Gh3 lets say is in total 5 cm bigger and than needs to b shifted additionally a couple cm to one side to keep it in balance than there is not enough space. For sure the camera trigger plug if still handled the same for the Gh3 will have to go !

View attachment 8068

bad pic but i goes you guys get the point

That top frame is not standard so it looks like DJI are already on the case.