GH2 reliable hack packs?

tomh

Hi,
Any recommendations for *reliable* hack packs for the Panasonic GH2 camera on the ZenMuse? I've tried a few, but the high-bitrates often result in card-write errors (using Class 10 cards).

I'd like:
25 fps progressive
1920x1080 resolution
The highest possible bitrate for reliable writing to the card.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
I use Flowmotion V2.2 and love it. 50Mbps. You'll have to only use manual exposures and focus with this hack.

maxwelltub

I get some weirdness with flowmotion, sometimes it will cut the roll while shooting and it wont play back in camera or work in log and transfer in FCP. I need to use clip wrap to encode. When you install the hack do you alter any of the settings or just intall it and go?

tomh

I was using a Class 4 SD card - no wonder I was having trouble... Got a class 10, and seems ok now. Many thanks! T

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
I get some weirdness with flowmotion, sometimes it will cut the roll while shooting and it wont play back in camera or work in log and transfer in FCP. I need to use clip wrap to encode. When you install the hack do you alter any of the settings or just intall it and go?

I haven't had any probs except auto focus cuts out after a while (not that I use it). I reset all settings after installing a hack. Haven't had any playback issues. Uses about 5Gb for 10mins filming.