Getting the coordinates by non-GPS: is it possible?

Daemon2017

Good day!

I have a full complect of DJI A2 Flight Controller, and I need to use my octocopter indoors - under the ground. Room is ~20*20*5 meters.

Of course, because of several floors and roof on top it's no GPS signal in that room. But in that room we have own source of coordinates: on ceiling we have a lot of cameras, which can track position of anything. We already tested it on on-ground robots and this system gives good coordinates: +-5 cm.

Also, we have in that room ultrasonic positioning system, which accuracy is good too.

Is there any possible variants to send coordinates of drone from that systems on A2 Flight Controler? Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Radio channel, etc?

We just need to use cool features of A2, like return to the place of take-off, etc.

I will be very grateful for any help.

dazzab

I doubt you could do this with a DJI systems as they are closed proprietory systems. You can interface with them through a SDK but I doubt it will allow the level of access you want. You probably would be better off with a PX4 or Pixhawk flight controller. They are used extensively in research specifically because you can add just about any sensor you like to them. Of course, you also have to write the code in some cases. But what you are describing has been done many times by several teams.

Daemon2017

I doubt you could do this with a DJI systems as they are closed proprietory systems. You can interface with them through a SDK but I doubt it will allow the level of access you want. You probably would be better off with a PX4 or Pixhawk flight controller. They are used extensively in research specifically because you can add just about any sensor you like to them. Of course, you also have to write the code in some cases. But what you are describing has been done many times by several teams.
Thank you for reply!
So, you think, that it's possible, but not with DJI systems, isn't it?
May be any universal method exists - like simulation of GPS-sygnal?

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
There have been stories in the news about how easy it is to mimic GPS signals, it might be feasible to install a gps-like system in the space and have it give better accuracy than the real system does outdoors.

Daemon2017

There have been stories in the news about how easy it is to mimic GPS signals, it might be feasible to install a gps-like system in the space and have it give better accuracy than the real system does outdoors.
Interesting! Maybe you remember the approximate title of the article or the year of publication? I'll try to google it.