Getting beyond 8 RC channels

gtranquilla

RadioActive
I am looking for a compatible RC Receiver that will enable me to get beyond the current 8 channels I am using now.....
Futaba T8FG Super with R6208SB - A FASST system with s.bus.

Is there a compatible Receiver available from Futaba, FrSky or others that will allow me to use more of the T8FG channels, i.e., up to 14?
Or do I have to daisy chain two Receivers together?

Gary Seven

Rocketman
I am looking for a compatible RC Receiver that will enable me to get beyond the current 8 channels I am using now.....
Futaba T8FG Super with R6208SB - A FASST system with s.bus.

Is there a compatible Receiver available from Futaba, FrSky or others that will allow me to use more of the T8FG channels, i.e., up to 14?
Or do I have to daisy chain two Receivers together?

Qtranquilla, I use the FRSky X8R which allows for S-Bus. I have bound this Rx to my Taranis in FRSky's Mode 4 config, which gives CH 1-8 through S-Bus, and 9-16 on the Rx pins. Will that work for you?

gtranquilla

RadioActive
Since the RC Transmitter is FASST, a Futaba specific feature, I don't think the FrSky XR8 will work with the existing RC Xmitters we are using.

Qtranquilla, I use the FRSky X8R which allows for S-Bus. I have bound this Rx to my Taranis in FRSky's Mode 4 config, which gives CH 1-8 through S-Bus, and 9-16 on the Rx pins. Will that work for you?

rilot

But, as I said, your current receiver supports up to 18 channel mappings via S-Bus so I don't understand what the problem is. Are you trying to run more than 8 traditional outputs? If so, maybe an S-Bus to PWM converter is what you need.

gtranquilla

RadioActive
Rilot,
If I can find a FASST receiver that can run more than 8 traditional outputs, I would be all set (with or without s.bus).
Just need one or two additional output channels.

In any case I will look for an s.bus to PWM converter for a reasonable price.
I know someone has shared their hack so that any hobbyists can do it with the appropriate electronic skills.

But, as I said, your current receiver supports up to 18 channel mappings via S-Bus so I don't understand what the problem is. Are you trying to run more than 8 traditional outputs? If so, maybe an S-Bus to PWM converter is what you need.