Getting back to it, help needed with Votage protection and 'new' DJI gear.

Wedge

Hi all,

I am getting back into it after a brief hiatus. Amazing how much one can forget and how quickly. I have a number of questions so any help would be appreciated:

1. The current DJI Assistant software is 2.18, correct? I am using a Naza-M V1 (red and white) but the assistant has V2 splashed all over it. Am I still good to use this one, or is there a V1 assistant I need (I still have 1.8 installed)?
  2. Before putting the Quaddie away for a while, I recall messing with my voltage protection and getting the red flashing light too quickly after take off. Can anyone share default values for both 3S (4000 mAh) and 4S (4500mAh) batteries please?
  3. The new option of changing Naza settings remotely via iPad seems like a great idea. What do I need to do to be able to do this at the field or wherever I may be flying? Is it even possible with a V1?

Thanks in advance folks.

Wedge

Wedge

So sorry guys, this probably should have gone into the Naza sub-forum... Mods, feel free to move, please.

1) Yes, you can use the current DJI Assistant software with the Naza v1

2) (I'll let you know in a day or so...I'm still getting my voltage protection dialed in after all of my settings were wiped in the most recent firmware upgrade.)

3) You'll need to get a v2 PMU for your v1 Naza, the new BTU, and the NM Assistant app for your iPad. I have it all wired in on my f550 and it works pretty well!

Mori55

Hi all,

I am getting back into it after a brief hiatus. Amazing how much one can forget and how quickly. I have a number of questions so any help would be appreciated:

1. The current DJI Assistant software is 2.18, correct? I am using a Naza-M V1 (red and white) but the assistant has V2 splashed all over it. Am I still good to use this one, or is there a V1 assistant I need (I still have 1.8 installed)?
  2. Before putting the Quaddie away for a while, I recall messing with my voltage protection and getting the red flashing light too quickly after take off. Can anyone share default values for both 3S (4000 mAh) and 4S (4500mAh) batteries please?
  3. The new option of changing Naza settings remotely via iPad seems like a great idea. What do I need to do to be able to do this at the field or wherever I may be flying? Is it even possible with a V1?

Thanks in advance folks.

Wedge
Make sure you have the right iPad. I have a iPad 1 and it's not supported. But it does support my iPhone 5.

Wedge

Thanks for that... I, too, have an iPad 1 but will use my phone when the time comes.

So I have turned the floodlights on outside to give the Quaddie its first run in over 6 months. Success AND it seems more stable than I recall. Weird thing now is that when powering the motors on, only two initially spool up but the other two turn on when I hit around 45% on the throttle, possibly around the hover setting. Is this standard now?!?