Gentwire - Focus setup with GH2 Help.

Vojec

Hi there,
Today receive Gentwire - Focus and try with all setup but with no luck. First I set on Futaba T8FG TX SH switch and assign to CH8 AUX6. then stick servo jack to futaba RX into 8. Try without GH2 and switch ON, first one red led show up and then 2 red for about 2 sec. I think that's it, but when plug into GH2 and try no go. When plugin into GH2 on LCD appears a little mic and rec volume bar. Read quick start manuals, but cannot solve that easy setup. Where do I plugin gentwire? Futaba rx or DJI WKM MC?

Is there someone to show me step by step how that things gentwire-focus works.

Thanks,

Vojc

Vojec

Talk to someone on this forum in private message and he told me that just plugin assign switch and must work. But in my case doesn't. When I plugin gentwire-focus my GH2 recognize it as mic. Also appear mic and volume level on GH2 lcd, Strange. Have wired remote shutter and it work with no issue. Notice also that gentwire jack have only 3 pin my org GH2 wired shutter have 4 pin. Maybe this cause an error.

View attachment 4964View attachment 4965View attachment 4966

Attachments

• IMAG0692.jpg
    IMAG0692.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 216
  • IMAG0694.jpg
    IMAG0694.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 189
  • IMAG0696.jpg
    IMAG0696.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 201

That's the wrong gentwire cable. They must've sent you the wrong one (that's for a different camera). The tip on mine has the same connector as your wired remote shutter.

Vojec

Hi Benjamin,
Many thanks to clear that out with gentwire-focus cable. Will contact seller from kapshop.com to change with the right one :).

Vojec

Yes as Benjamin said wrong cable. Also confirm Peter from Kapshop.com. Will replace it. Didn't see and order 18a (for canon), but the correct one is 18b on kapshop.com web page. It is a little tricky to notice and order the right one.

Thanks.