Gentled and nex5n

I dont know if I have something set wrong or if it is just incapable... I am trying to use the gentled to trigger my nex5n which it does fine, ive mostly been shooting in manual focus and have had a few issues with getting infinty right on most times it is either to short or long, That aside ive wanted to try it in auto focus and have had no luck, I thought I read that it will allow it to focus up before releasing the shutter, does it? Im in autofocus, are there other settings is need to use...
Also Ive used the peak thing where it overlays with yellow but its still not perfect. Is there a actual focus scale or am i off to get a 200 dollar adapter and use my nikkor lenses

So far aside from the focus i love everything about my rig/camera, this would b the last hurdle before i can call it ready for work!

Thanks guys

Mr.Biker

I sent them an email today concerning the possibilities with a Nex-5N.
They confirmed that the camera should focus first and only after that take the shot .

Maybe you could send them an email.

I use the gentle shutter cable for a NEX-7.
and it works as expected.
shortly befor taking the picture the camera is setting focus according to cam-settings.

There was a very small manual (one piece of paper) included, but it tells everything you should know.
If you miss this description, tell me I'll send you a copy.

Frank

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I shoot in auto all the time for some reason, i guess it so rarely misses my focal point that i am happy. But yes, the gentled triggers it ok. My problem with teh gentled is that it wont trigger a single shot, i can only get it to activate a 2 or 5 second intervalometer mode. This is actually quite nice other than the fact it takes a lot of pictures. but it's one less thing to think about when flying.

Hi IrisAerial,

this happens when the trigger cable is closed when Power is switched on.
Please refer to the manual in my dropbox (link in my previous post)

Frank

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Been using it for over a year now with no problems in Auto on a Nex5

Leaving it enabled shoots one frame every 4 or 5 seconds. Flickin the switch I have it assigned to I can get shots of as fast as I can activate the switch

Dave

Mr.Biker

Maybe it has something to do with the use of HDMI as liveview.
I read about a simular issues a little further in this forum section I think.

Hmm ill fidle around tonight, i have no live view so... I use a seperate fpv cam, i heard a guy can also start a video ill try a theee way and see whats what