G'day & Howyagoin from Down Under

BeamHangar

Hi folks...just joined the community here. Started out with heli's but i think i'm more interested in the multi's for FPV & AP especially over 3D. Glad to have begun on CP though so that i will not be dependent upon FC for my flying experiences, though i do see pre-programmed flight having it's place in my interest.

I now own a WLToys V222 (w/switchable Tx~ to be converted to my Devo10 Tx sometime soon), a cpl of Blade NQx's and now a ZMR 250 kit yet to be built. I still need a few parts to get flying and have yet to buy goggles and VTRx's, so it will be some time before i can brag of extraordinary flights/pics, sorry.

I have some (HA that's an understatement, more like can't do at all and cheat using model.ini files to fly with lol) trouble understanding much of the programming stuff (mechanical stuff comes easy to me) and the synonyms used (being over 50 and more of a tactile learner) with NO local help/pilots, so be warned of future dumb newb queries....lol.

Cheers
BH
(Gypsy)

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
welcome to MultiRotorForums.com BH. As a mechanically minded guy with no aptitude for imagining the behavior of electrons, I'm happy to say even we can do it!

Make yourself at home and jump right in when you're ready. We'll be here.
Bart

BeamHangar

Hi Bart & thanks for the welcome. Also glad to hear there may be some hope in this hobby for me yet...so far (2yrs) it's been a looong & slow process. To date, mostly been an accumulator of heli's & quads, rather than a flyer, but am getting to the point of frustration for not spending more time flying, so have taken the bit between the teeth so to speak, and now this little 250mm quad will be the impetus for me to overcome my irrational fear of technology.

I do sim, but Phoenix isn't very well set up for quads (especially fpv), so i use the CP control for multi use. Time for more hands on and less online except when i feel like being sociable and/or need some technical help. Lot's of great folks in the hobby and i'm glad i have come across this forum as well.....

Cheers
BH