G'day all

Lasergun

G'day fellow multi rotor enthusiasts. I'm new here and fairly new to drone flying. I have a Phantom 2 with go pro hero 3 black cam on zenmuse H3-2D gimbal.
I also have a black Pearl FPV set up which allows me to enjoy manual flight and video.
After fitting a 2.4 ghz data link set up, I was looking forward to using the UgCs android flight planning program to move into pre set programmed flights.
All systems appear to be working and the UgCs program sees my drone if it is plugged into the computer, but nothing connects via bluetooth. I must admit the laptop I have is not the most up to date but would have thought running windows 7 it would be ok.
Does anyone have advice on what I may try to get this going?
Also can anyone explain why all apps add on etc are for P2 Vision or Vision+ there is little or nothing out there for a standard P2 even if you have upgraded hardware.
Cheers for any assistance and look forward to watching the forum members work through the many problems and issues stemming from this great hobby/job, notwithstanding my being computer and IT challenged will make this task all the more difficult lol.