Gathering everything I need to order for my F550

OK so I've decided to gather all the components myself over buy the DJI kit, since I want to run 10" props on 4s.

So far I am about to order:
Frame kit F550
OPTO 30A ESC x6
Suppo 2814/8 1000kv motor x6 (are these a direct fit?)
NAZA+GPS controller
graupner 10x5 props x6

I allready have a spektrum reciever

Am I missing anything???? Also, will naza accept spektrum satellite receivers?

THANKS for your advice before I spend my money!

Last edited by a moderator:

hjls3

for what its worth i had really good luck with the dji stock motors and setup that came with ARF kit. I am now moving on to some AXI motors but only because i want to fly a bigger payload. THe stock setup hauled around a hero 2, landing gear and gimble no problem though.

I plan on lifting allot too. I want to carry Some type of gimba, thinking about getting the photoshipone mkTR, but IDK for sure wich one I'll use yet. A nex 5n-type camera(maybe a little heavier one IDK yet), video tx/antenna, hdmi converter for videotx, and as big of a battery as i can manage. Probably add a few small things here or there when I start flying and get experience too.

dji motors are bleah.
and you need this prop adapter for the 4mm shaft, you also need to grind in 2 flat spots on each side of the exposed shaft for the prop adapter to mount to.
http://www.v-eastonline.com/products/Air-screw-coupling-.html

also the 10's are going to be close at the tips, i used 9's on my hex. and could get away with 8's

Oh crap so I have to grind 6 motors without ****ing one up? That sounds pretty challenging for me since I don't have a dremel.. Is there another way to make them fit, maybe some adapters I can use without grinding?
I don't mind if the 10's are close as long as they don't touch lol.

Good idea with the ESC- I'll order 7 and some extra props.

elorest

What glue would you recommend for holding the gps riser rod together? Does anyone use hotmelt glue for rc projects? Is there any hotmelt glue thats made for holding things like that together?

mailman35

just get a dremel its cheap 60$ tape the top of the bell up, and grind a flat spot in.
you are gonna need the dremel anyway to widen the f550 motor mount center holes anyway.