Gain setttings

Okay, I have 2 F550, 2 WKM.. both on 5.12 now. Futaba SBUS setup.

both using DJI 10" props.
using 4000mah 4S

between the 2 is huge difference. In the auto-pilot section. one is across the board 110.. stable, smooth.

the other, even swapping same props and battery. I cannot seem to get it to even take off smoothly. It always launches and seems like it has a hard time initially balancing and sways to one side before it levels out. By that time, I am doing a bit of throttle up and need to lower my throttle to keep it from zooming up.

any help would appreciate.

View attachment 5892

if I go higher, it launches better, but in GPS mode, it seems to move around.. seem like it is uncomfortable standing still. Not like ESC bullet twitchs.. just bouncing around.

KS

UPDATE: Seems that I clicked default and started at default.. it seems to be much more smoother.. but still wobbles randomly in mid flight. Now all is at 100.. will start from here again.

Attachments

• unit 2 gains.jpg
    unit 2 gains.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 411
Last edited by a moderator:

interesting... I connect, go to autopilot, click default.. "write".. go fly.. results

come back, connect again, go to autopliot, click default again.. and write again.. and test flight.. different outcome.

I did this 4 times.. and all four had slightly different behavior. from horrible take-off, to smooth take-offs, touchy altitude change pushing the throttle way below 50% on the stick to get it to stop climbing.

any thoughts..?

araines2750

Hexa Crazy
Just some thoughts.
After clicking default and write, did you completely redo all the settings including re-calibrate the TX and the compass?

no, did not... I just clicked on default, and write... waited a bit, uplugged.. powered off.. took it out about 20ft away and powered on, waited for GPS purple flashes.. then took off.

interesting, maybe I should do that GPS calibration each time? Is there a way to calibrate the gyro?

KS

araines2750

Hexa Crazy
It is my understanding that if you make any changes to the MC (WKM hardware, new firmware, or reset default) that a complete redo of the settings is required.
TX Calibration, Compass Calibration & re-entering all previously entered gains / adjustments.
I have never heard of any Gyro Calibration other that what the Factory as done.
After reset to default, It is like starting over with a new unit out of the box.

I hope this helps.

yes, radio is on... though sometimes, my radio is off, and the assistance application doesn't seem to launch all the way. it just shows the launch screen with the "skip" button.

Thats good for someone like me who forgets the transmitter from time to time or I power on the wrong TX too. It becomes a long day when you spend more time then you need to just to find that you have the wrong TX powered on.

Thanks for everyone's help.

KS