1001copters.com Futur of video google

Hi,

I recently found inovative product from Laster technologies Pro mobil display and MG1

PMDG2_2Web.jpg

PMDG2_1Web.jpg

masqueski1.jpg

their office is very close to my location (less than 8 miles) and I have requested an appointment to have a demonstartion.

Let's be clear : this is Hi-Technologie, nothing to compare with a video LCD screen like you can have in the fatshark or in the PiratEye. The image is projected on a semi reflective mirror that focalize this image directly in the eye. The effect is VERY impresive, you have a 3D feeling immediatly (yes 3D effect with a monocular, it's disturbing and I know what I'm speaking about, I'm doing optical research)

Both product tested are monocular type: one eye only have a semi reflective mirror. As it's semi reflective, it's very easy to see through to have a look at your environment.
Resolution is 80x600, 24bits depth color or monochromatic (monochromatic provide a better intensity image and is better for oustide use). Both system are equiped with small camera that are able to scan the environment to reognize shapes, analyse bar code,... This can be used for augmented reality project, linked to database an so on.

I have seen several demonstrations fixed like:
-car headboard
- calibration target
- plane HUD (see video)

or animated like you can see on the video below and even a passage of the star wars movie (pod race).

It takes only a few tenth of a second to pass from environment to the virtual dispaly

Good points of the products
- a very short time to adapt yourself to the particular video system ( projection directly inside your eye)
- a real HUD system, semi reflective that allows you to see thru withtout any problem
- Huge possibilites (video projection, HUD, OSD, augmented reality ,...)
- a VERY light system (130gr)

Some points must be enhanced :
- As this technologie is very innovative, the price is very high for our applications (OSD, filming): from 3 to 5000€.
- As the image s directly projected inside the eye, the mirror positioning is critical (your optical system is composed by a static semi reflective mirror and a moving target :the eye) and it's difficult at startup to place the video googl properly (Ski mask is much more esier to use)
- Field of view is too large : as your are trying to watch the border of the image, you eye is turning too much and is no more on the optical axis of the system resulting in a partial loss of the image. Some application like the HUD are REALLY great: well centered in the field of view, perfectly visible.
-video input is limitd to VGA signal for now.

These product are the futur of video google, the team is working in the right direction: lighter system (it's already less than 150gr !) alternative video input , embeded database or wirless database for augmented reality, hours of autonomy, ...

Here's the video now :) please watch it in full resolution and full screen to have a beter idea f the product.

Last edited by a moderator:

kmac1369

Amazing! I can't wait to see how this develops over the next year or two! I've never been a fan of FPV but this application is very appealing. Thank you for the video and information. I hope you continue to present this information to us whenever it is updated.

Kevin

rruiz

Hi,

I recently found inovative product from Laster technologies Pro mobil display and MG1

PMDG2_2Web.jpg

PMDG2_1Web.jpg

masqueski1.jpg

their office is very close to my location (less than 8 miles) and I have requested an appointment to have a demonstartion.

Let's be clear : this is Hi-Technologie, nothing to compare with a video LCD screen like you can have in the fatshark or in the PiratEye. The image is projected on a semi reflective mirror that focalize this image directly in the eye. The effect is VERY impresive, you have a 3D feeling immediatly (yes 3D effect with a monocular, it's disturbing and I know what I'm speaking about, I'm doing optical research)

Both product tested are monocular type: one eye only have a semi reflective mirror. As it's semi reflective, it's very easy to see through to have a look at your environment.
Resolution is 80x600, 24bits depth color or monochromatic (monochromatic provide a better intensity image and is better for oustide use). Both system are equiped with small camera that are able to scan the environment to reognize shapes, analyse bar code,... This can be used for augmented reality project, linked to database an so on.

I have seen several demonstrations fixed like:
-car headboard
- calibration target
- plane HUD (see video)

or animated like you can see on the video below and even a passage of the star wars movie (pod race).

It takes only a few tenth of a second to pass from environment to the virtual dispaly

Good points of the products
- a very short time to adapt yourself to the particular video system ( projection directly inside your eye)
- a real HUD system, semi reflective that allows you to see thru withtout any problem
- Huge possibilites (video projection, HUD, OSD, augmented reality ,...)
- a VERY light system (130gr)

Some points must be enhanced :
- As this technologie is very innovative, the price is very high for our applications (OSD, filming): from 3 to 5000€.
- As the image s directly projected inside the eye, the mirror positioning is critical (your optical system is composed by a static semi reflective mirror and a moving target :the eye) and it's difficult at startup to place the video googl properly (Ski mask is much more esier to use)
- Field of view is too large : as your are trying to watch the border of the image, you eye is turning too much and is no more on the optical axis of the system resulting in a partial loss of the image. Some application like the HUD are REALLY great: well centered in the field of view, perfectly visible.
-video input is limitd to VGA signal for now.

These product are the futur of video google, the team is working in the right direction: lighter system (it's already less than 150gr !) alternative video input , embeded database or wirless database for augmented reality, hours of autonomy, ...

Here's the video now :) please watch it in full resolution and full screen to have a beter idea f the product.

Hi... do you have some update info ??

Regards

Last edited by a moderator: