Welcome To DroneVibes

DroneVibes is a COMMUNITY of drones enthusiasts. We are experts at drones for all professional and consumer applications. We welcome you to register and join the conversation.

Futaba T7c gimbal POT problem

Discussion in 'Drone Builds and Kits' started by anaka, Oct 23, 2016.

1. anaka

anaka Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Posted by anaka, Oct 23, 2016 #1
    Hi everybody

i need to replace one POT on my Futaba T7c transmitter...i'm trying to understand which POT to buy but i can't find any information on it online....

i deassembled my TX but i can't read which resistence has the POT on the stick of the gimbal that i need to change

Can someone tell me where to find informations on it? or who knows which kind of POT should i buy?

which resistence?!!?

any information will be appreciated

thanks in advance

anaka

Tags:
  2. theGreenOrange

theGreenOrange Member

Oct 18, 2016
    Louisiana
    Posted by theGreenOrange, Oct 24, 2016 #2
    Does the transmitter have another identical working pot? You could use an ohmmeter on the working pot. If the pot you are replacing still basically works, but is unreliable to adjust because of dirt or corrosion, you could still probably turn it while measuring the resistance and get pretty close.

3. dark_star

dark_star Member

Jul 2, 2014
    D.C.
    Posted by dark_star, Oct 24, 2016 #3
    cheap and easy solutin would be to find/bought another 7C and use for partz

4. camera pilot

camera pilot New Member

Oct 4, 2012
    Posted by camera pilot, Oct 25, 2016 #4
    I was with Futaba for a couple of years and we were very generous with schematics and parts. Have you tried contacting them at customer service?

5. anaka

anaka Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Posted by anaka, Oct 25, 2016 #5
    ok people

i followed the old school...unmounted carefully all and measured with a tester

1K ohm for each channel on the sticks

thanks for your suggestions

6. theGreenOrange

theGreenOrange Member

Oct 18, 2016
    Louisiana
    Posted by theGreenOrange, Oct 25, 2016 #6
    Nice work! You may want to make sure it is a linear pot, and not logarithmic. You could measure at 4 equally spaced positions to see. I am guessing linear, but you might just double check.