Futaba DM8 Module with AR7000 problem?

CopterCam

I converted my Futaba 9C to Spektrum but have been experiencing problems of late. In the last month I have had a series of 'Brownouts' and the suggestion from Spektrum was to install a capacitor to avoid low voltage. This I did, but it made no difference, what I did do in a state of desperation was to unplug the Rx and relocate it and the Sat. to a different location on the plate. I noticed that it flew better.......I put two packs through it without issue whereas before it would be twitchy in flight and enter ' failsafe' at least twice per pack. Can this be a noise or interference issue and my Rx relocation has helped avoid it ?
Sid

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Could be a couple things, one being RFI from something it was too close to, or shielding if it's a carbon fiber frame. I had problems with an AR 7000 on a Gaui 330X that oddly went away when I changed to an AR 600, never did come up with a good explanation why the 600 worked where the 7000 had problems.

Ken

CopterCam

Could be a couple things, one being RFI from something it was too close to, or shielding if it's a carbon fiber frame. I had problems with an AR 7000 on a Gaui 330X that oddly went away when I changed to an AR 600, never did come up with a good explanation why the 600 worked where the 7000 had problems.

Ken

Ken,
What is strange, is that I moved the Rx to the other side and now it is closer to wiring and components and more cramped in its location. If anything I would expect issues from this positioning but to run two packs through without a problem was a welcome relief. Perhaps it is too early to celebrate and my research found that some of the early AR7000 were suspect ?

Sid