Futaba 14SG and Zenmuse GH3 lost signal?!?

Matto822

Hello everyone,

Quick question. I have been flying the S800 evo and futaba 8fg supers for some time and they have both worked great for pilot and camera ops. We recently got the s1000 and moved up to the futaba 14sg remotes and I have two questions. The first is I hooked it up for telemetry and it works great but sometimes the screen goes to zero volts then reappears as if it is either losing the signal because the antenna goes away or that is just how it updates every couple of seconds?? 2nd question is I have the remotes in 14 channel mode and the zenmuse hooked up via 8 channel sbus port and it works great but drops the signal every like 20 seconds and losses signal for 1 second then comes back. When hooked up to the zenmuse software it says "DISC" for each channel and then 1 second later comes back. It seems to me as if I have a channel on the receiver or transmitter wrong. We are using both 7008 futaba receiver. We run on channel B with receiver any thoughts? Just seems like a loss of signal then comes right back. I am okay with the telemetry doing that if that is how it works but not the zenmuse because you cant do anything for a few seconds till it reconnects.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I recall something in my 14sg manual saying it gives priority to other channels if it's needed and will slow down refresh rate of telemetry if needed. Sounds unlikely but that was the only thing that comes to mind. I think the 7008 is supposed to be the fastest but who knows.

Matto822

I recall something in my 14sg manual saying it gives priority to other channels if it's needed and will slow down refresh rate of telemetry if needed. Sounds unlikely but that was the only thing that comes to mind. I think the 7008 is supposed to be the fastest but who knows.

I definitely understand the telemetry but its losing the communication with the zenmuse which is terrible. I have tried both remotes and receivers so im sure its just a setting im not doing.