Futaba 10CHG Opinion

Razzil

Let me first start by saying I've only used the Spektrum DX8 and have no experience with Futaba ... and I've only flown multirotors. The main differences between the two that I'm aware of is that FASST compared to DSM2 is more stable, Futaba can be better upgraded for EzUHF .. and thats about all I know.

Somebody I know was thinking of getting into flying decided afterwards he wasn't and asked me if I wanted his controller. Me being the persion I am, I handed him over $400 and walked away. It's brand new in the box, never used. I decided that I can maybe use it for another multi I have. Expensive $400 ... can't hold down the button and select another model right !!! haha

I figured I could keep it and maybe use it for a long range system .. as I am a beginner with fpv, possible better quality a good choice.

Any opinions on the purchase? worth keeping ... am I going to switch from Spektrum to Futaba as my main radio ya think? Is it being Heli over Acro an issue? it's Mode 2 so thats a plus, as I don't think I'd be able to use Mode 1 (throttle on the right side) that is right, right?

It's a fine radio. I have flown with mine for years without issues. I did turn it into my camera gimbal radio when I purchased an 8fg. I think $400 is a bit overpriced, but should work great if it is in good condition. I am a Futaba guy. I suggest keeping it.

Hi Razzil, I have the T10CHG with R6208SB receiver, purchased new September 2012 and the best price I could find was $525.00 (I assume yours came with a receiver they normally do or with servos)

I am very happy with my purchase (you would expect me to say that) but seriously its a very good radio. Nice Large backlit LCD display (good when your getting older and eyes weaken), can be used in Heli or Aeroplane modes (easy to switch over at any time), mode 2 is good.

S-Bus is excelent, has 2 x 3 posstion switches (important for flight modes and IOC), you can purchase a memory card to backup your settings/programming (but the card is not compatible with newer model radios so you can not transfer settings). The only thing I miss is built in telemetry.

This radio has been manufactured by Futaba for a very very long time and does not have functions such as audible notification when you hit center throttle stick for example.
Easy to upgrade to ezuhf through training port and has very good range with 2.4Ghz.
I would keep it if I were you and probably over time make it your main radio.
Regards - bruce

Razzil

Bruce, I wouldn't be that lucky, it didn't come with an Rx so I just ordered an R6208SB Rx off ebay ... looks like I'm at about the same price range a you $525. That being said, locally that Radio is $625 new. Why so expensive if the 8FG is said to be better, yet cheaper. I thnk thats why he got out of it ... one purchase leads to another.

Hi Razzil, to save money you could have purchased the R6203SD it is only a standard 3 channel receiver but if you are using "S-Bus" that does not matter as the receiver in sbus will have as many channels as your radio, in your case 10 channels, or if you had an 18 channel radio your receiver would also be able to utilise 18 channels.
Regards - bruce
PS the T10CHG is much better/sexier looking, good looks always cost more in everything.

Last edited by a moderator: