FPV and license

Yes its true, to broadcast on certain frequency's you need to be a licensed amateur radio operator. It becomes a problem once you cause harmful interference with (other hams) or anyone else. I can tell you that no one is going to complain about your 600mw 5.8 ghz video transmitter. So technically you need one but on one is checking and no one really knows your broadcasting. The technicians class amateur license is pretty easy to get although you do have to do some studying to pass the test. I think the 5.8 ghz band is for license holders.

Hoki

I did my general like a year ago. I'm a honey ham. but I got tired of it and don't care about it now cause it's always the same old guys on there talking about boring stuff. I like going on the CB when I'm driving. That's a lot more fun cause there's much more people and there always different people. My handle is hotwatt. A lot of people know who I am cause I have a brother that works at a trucking company and whenever I go there to pick him up there like hey it's hotwatt.

Last edited by a moderator: