FPV Agility flying at the old Paper Mill

JAB1a

Hi All,
This is my second visit to this wonderful site. The remains of the Danescombe Valley Papermill make for some of the most fun FPV agility flying I have ever experienced, every corner and gap leads onto another and then another all linking together to make a very satisfying course. The building has a bit more undergrowth on it since I last visited in 2014 but seems to be maintained by local residence for the joy of the public which I thank them for.

This flight I am using the Rotor Evolution RE180 'Tilt' frame, its a excellent frame made from the highest quality carbon fibre. With built in 10degree motor tilts this mini-quad packs a serious top speed being able to keep up with the 250quads with ease. This quad is untuned and only been flown a few times but as you can see its quite at home with close proximity flying.

I am joined by fellow FPV pilots and spotters DougC +1 and MarkG, also spotter Lee is up the lane making sure we are safe from walkers and dogs while we fly. Thank you for your time guys ;)

The other quad flying in this video is a Rotor Evolution 180mm Decker flown by DougC.

Best viewed fullscreen 1080p

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
@JAB1a

cool video and very nice web-shop you've got going. what were you guys using for your video link to be in and out of big structure like that without losing your video feed?

thanks!
bart

JAB1a

@JAB1a

cool video and very nice web-shop you've got going. what were you guys using for your video link to be in and out of big structure like that without losing your video feed?

thanks!
bart

Hi Bart, thank you very much ;) I'm nothing to do with the webshop but I was flying one of their excellent frames and had to share. Its an awesome location for FPV, its like Parkour for quads lol. I'm using standard 5.8Ghz FPV gear, the key is a good quality set of FPV antenna, I use Gav Antenna on mine and have an excellent link. the other key is having good close proximity to the area you will be flying behind objects, closer the better ;)

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
OK, thanks for the reply. When I was using 5.8 for aerial photography work I'd get interference with something as little as a branch getting between the transmitter and receiver. I would never have thought of going any farther behind an object so I always kept line of sight completely unobstructed between the heli and the ground receiver.

since i wrote that reply to your post I had an experience where I was out flying in the back yard and my son grabbed my Fatsharks and went inside to show a friend of his that was at the house. I would have thought the signal would die as soon as he went in the house but he went into and across the house and still had signal! I was shocked! So I guess 5.8 shows a little interference with small obstructions but keeps going which is a place I had never really ventured.

i had been wondering for a while now about this but despite having all of the equipment I just haven't had a lot of time to fly and check it out.

nice job again with the video!